Hello from GA

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by SimplyLivinthatFarmLife, Jan 18, 2018.

1. SimplyLivinthatFarmLife

SimplyLivinthatFarmLife Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2017
    Georgia
    I am fairly new to chickens. I currently have 2 roosters- Lavender Orpington (Rock) and a Copper Maran (Tyrone) as well as 2 Lavender Orpington Hens (Felicia and Bella). Unfortunately, I lost my two other Lavender Orpingtons about 2 months ago. As of last Spring, I acquired two more girls a Silver Laced Wyandotte (Lacey) and a Rhode Island Red (Poppy). I also have 2 almost 4 month old Chocolate Orpingtons (no names yet) who are almost ready to be introduced to the other girls. Additionally, I have 2 month olds- Bielefelders, Cream Legbars, and 55 Flowering Hens- (total of 8) along with two 2 month old roosters- 1 Cream Legbar (no name yet) and 1 Bielefelder (Spike). As of yesterday I had 9 guineas, but when it was time to return to their kennel yesterday during the evening hours, only one wanted to go in. The rest flew into trees...brrrr we got snow and were below freezing....As I look out this morning, I only see four- sad day!

As I was conducting research on chickens, I ran across BackYardChickens.com- great website for lots of information.

I enjoy reading, gardening, home improvement projects, and working on arts and crafts projects. I'm a trash to treasure junkie.

I am an educator with 18 years of teaching experience all in elementary school. I have 2 horses - a black and white Paint-(Panda) and a Cremello gelding (Jack Daniels), 2 Boer goats (Altamese and Vera), 2 parrotlets (Madori and Kendall) and a Maltese/Shih Tzu mix (Coco). I included a picture of Panda and Tyrone.
    upload_2018-1-18_8-39-27.png
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. 007Sean

007Sean Chicken Obsessed

Oct 25, 2015
    South Central Texas
    Howdy:welcome:frow Happy:ya to have you join the family. Enjoy your time here at BYC! :)
    Enjoyed the pics!:thumbsup

3. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Welcome to BYC.

4. Mimi’s 13

Mimi’s 13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2018
    Centre, AL
    Welcome to BYC! I love all your animals.
    We are glad you are here.
    :frow

5. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello there and welcome to BYC! :frow

Awww...love your pics! :love Thanks for sharing!!!

Make yourself at home here and welcome to our group! :)

6. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    :welcome

Nice intro, thanks for including pictures! And thanks for joining us, make yourself at home!

7. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Flockless Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hello and welcome to BYC

There's quite a few horse lovers here on BYC, so be sure to do a search for relevant threads.

You may wish to consider joining your state thread as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - Find Your State Thread

All the best

Pork Pie

8. MrsMistyReal

MrsMistyReal Chicken Obsessed

Aug 6, 2014
    Mississippi
    Welcome aboard to BYC family gr8 people tons of information, loads of fun, enjoy shake your tail feathers adorable feathered & fur babies. :wee:woot:goodpost: welcome_hey.jpg :welcome:bun

9. puffypoo22

puffypoo22 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2015
    Massachussetts
    Hello and Welcome!

10. Hope Hughes

Hope Hughes Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Hello:frow
    Welcome to BYC!!
    So glad to have you here!!
    Thanks for sharing your story!!
    You have come to the right place.
    There are many people on here that are ready to help in anyway they can!
    The learning center also has alot of great information on it as well!
    Enjoy!:wee

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by