Hello from Gatlinburg, Tn!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Contrastphoto, May 3, 2011.

1. Contrastphoto

Contrastphoto Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2011
    Sevier County, Tn
    Hi everyone,

I am a stay at home mother of two and have my own photography business. I started my chicken obsession over two months ago and BYC has been a wonderful source of education and entertainment. We have started out with 2 Silver Laced Brahmas, 2 Swedish Flower Hens, 2 Light Sussex, 2 Coronation Sussex, 2 Welsummer, 2 Black Copper Marans and 3 Delaware chicks. There are just so many interesting heritage breeds. I am looking forward having fresh eggs at some point! I am loving watching my babies grow! The kids are loving it too.

2. 10 point

10 point country boy

Feb 19, 2011
    LaFayette, NY
    [​IMG] from NY and Glad to have you with us

3. Northwood Silkies

Northwood Silkies Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2010
    Northwest Michigan
    [​IMG]

4. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    [​IMG] neighbor!!

May 7th there's a poultry show in Cocke County! Come join us and see a lot of gorgeous birds in one place at one time!
    Also, we're trying to get as many BYC peeps as we can to meet up at 10:30 in front of the rooster statue in front of the poultry barn so we can do a meet-n-greet and maybe get a few photos of the BYC-ers. Putting faces with names and such.

5. CountryRoosterUSA

CountryRoosterUSA Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] from N.W. Tennessee [​IMG]
    Glad you joined up. Good luck with your girls, I know you all will enjoy them.

6. Contrastphoto

May 3, 2011
    Sevier County, Tn
    Oh that sounds like a blast! I am going to try to come to the poultry show! Can you email me directions or give an address?

7. wegotchickens

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    Quote:Hang on and I'll post the directions....

From Knoxville - 40 east to exit 432B (be careful this exit is on the left from the fast lane and easy to miss) , no turns from exit, follow down about 1.7 miles and the grounds are on your right. (Cheapest Gas is probably Knoxville)

From J.C, Gray, Bristol, Blount, etc.. - 81 South to exit 1a and 40 East. Follow Knox instructions above. (your cheapest gas will either be the Pilot at 81 and exit 36 or 81 and exit 4, they are usually the same. Todays price was 3.65)

From NC - 40 west over mountain to exit 432B ( your cheapest gas will be the Exon on the right after you have exited in Newport and gone under the overpass. Todays price was 3.73)

From Whitepine / Greenville......You know how to get here, LOL Take 32s/25e until it dead ends in Newport at "Broadway / 25 / 70" and take a right. The fairgrounds is on the left 2/10 of a mile. (that Food City in Whitepine is probably cheaper on gas than Newport)

Here's a link to the show thread....
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=489656

Last edited: May 3, 2011
  8. Contrastphoto

May 3, 2011
    Sevier County, Tn

From Knoxville - 40 east to exit 432B (be careful this exit is on the left from the fast lane and easy to miss) , no turns from exit, follow down about 1.7 miles and the grounds are on your right. (Cheapest Gas is probably Knoxville)

From J.C, Gray, Bristol, Blount, etc.. - 81 South to exit 1a and 40 East. Follow Knox instructions above. (your cheapest gas will either be the Pilot at 81 and exit 36 or 81 and exit 4, they are usually the same. Todays price was 3.65)

From NC - 40 west over mountain to exit 432B ( your cheapest gas will be the Exon on the right after you have exited in Newport and gone under the overpass. Todays price was 3.73)

From Whitepine / Greenville......You know how to get here, LOL Take 32s/25e until it dead ends in Newport at "Broadway / 25 / 70" and take a right. The fairgrounds is on the left 2/10 of a mile. (that Food City in Whitepine is probably cheaper on gas than Newport)

I love that you are giving me gas prices! You must sense that I have a gas hog SUV!

9. wegotchickens

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN

I love that you are giving me gas prices! You must sense that I have a gas hog SUV!

Can't take the credit! bairo posted that info on the shoiw thread and I copied and pasted [​IMG]

10. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by