Hello From Georgia

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Breezy2016, Jun 9, 2016.

1. Breezy2016

Breezy2016 New Egg

Jun 9, 2016
    Dahlonega, Ga.
    We have 18 chickens. Garcia(Blue splash) Gracie ( Black Splash) Orpington's. The Dixie chicks, Tina and Cher ( Silkies). Little Bit who is a silky as well, but she refuses to grow. Her sister's are twice her size. The Spice Girls ( Isa Brown's) And Big( Big Red Rooster) Also Ella(Black Cochin) And as of yesterday we have 3 new baby Polish chicks. No names yet on the babies.

2. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Welcome to BYC [​IMG] It sounds like you have a wonderful little flock growing there! Give the runty Silkie (in addition to her regular feed) some fresh greens, extra proteins (boiled eggs, mealworms) and multivit+mineral in her drinking water, that should help give her a boost.

3. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join us here! That's quite a flock you have there and what lovely names! Congrats on your new polish :clap I keep mainly polish and they are such wonderful little characters :D
    What colours did you get?

The polish thread is a great place for all the chat about them. Please do pop by ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/355316/polish-thread

Wishing you the very best of luck with your flock in the future and hope to see you over on the polish thread. Enjoy BYC :frow

4. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello there and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

Sounds like you have a lovely flock! Nice breeds!

Enjoy all your poultry adventures and welcome to our roost! :)

5. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and a warm welcome to our community - glad that you have joined us. You've been given some great links already, so please make yourself at home and enjoy all the chicken chat.

Best wishes
    CT

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to the BYC flock

7. Breezy2016

Breezy2016 New Egg

Jun 9, 2016
    Dahlonega, Ga.
    Thanks everyone. our little polish chicks are black laced bearded. Not sure if male or female. But no matter. I'm already in love....:) my husband put a stool in the run and I love setting with them in the mornings and afternoons. they see me coming and wait for me at the door.look forward to any advice you have.

8. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by