Hello from Germany

Tyyni

Hatching
8 Years
Aug 3, 2011
Hi everyone!
First of all I'm new here and I apologize for my bad english.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I got my first chicken in the spring of 2009. There were a male bantam Silkie and 2 female bantam Aseel

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
Now I have about 35 chickens of various breeds in two different coops

(3) What breeds do you have?
I have got
Appenzeller Spitzhauben, Araucana, bantam Aseel, Belgian D Anver, Ko-Shamo, bantam Silkies, Kraienköppe, Marans, Hybrid, Green laying Hens and different mixes of that breeds

Also i have got Guinea fowls, Ouails and California Quails

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
I was looking for some information about guinea fowl incubation. On german internet sites i couldnt found much information, so i was looking on english sites and found this forum.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
My hobbies are pets, traditonal archery, horseback archery, juggling, devilsticks, fireshows and much more

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I live with my parents and my brother in Germany in Baden-Württemberg. Im 21 years old and a watchmaker. Since I got my first chicken I am very interested in farm animals. I also have other pets like bees, rabbits, canarys, diamond doves and a seven year old chihuahua dog. Since a few months we were building a goat barn to get some goats next spring.

So.. i think this was all i have to say. If there some questions please ask me.
In next time i could show you some pictures of my coops and chickens.

Greetings,
Tyyni

Last edited:
I think your English is great! I wonder, what are devilsticks and fireshows? Ah! You are a watchmaker, that is really neat, what attention to detail.

Nice to meet you
welcome-byc.gif

Hello! Wonderful to meet you, and your English is just great! My husband was over in Tubingen Germany a few years ago for work. I would love to be able to visit Germany one day.

Your life sounds fascinating, will all the different animals and your hobbies. I am envious! I wish I was 21 again....I'm an old lady now at 47. I have sons your age.

Take care and so glad you joined! We would love to see some pictures of your different pets.

Sharon

Back
Top Bottom