Hello from Grand Rapids Michigan

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by DPaller, Nov 10, 2014.

1. DPaller

DPaller New Egg

Nov 9, 2014
    Hello all. Well we made the choice this spring to get some chics. A small number of 3 or so quickly turned into 6. A week or so later we were back at the feed store and they had more chics and some we didnt have and what do you know we ended up with 6 more.
    About a month ago we realized we had a rooster in the bunch so we sold him off and are at 11 now.

Anyway having scoured the forum for quite a while now it was about time to join. We have used a lot of info that we have found and continue to find on here too. I built quite a nice little coop from looking at and reading a lot of suggestions found on here. We are gearing up for winter right now getting ready to run power out there for the heated water and lighting.

We have started to enjoy eggs as of last week. we have had 8 so far. First two were laid out in the run and then I finally got around to putting the fake eggs in the nesting boxes. Whoever is laying is now using the nesting boxes.

We also have since added an auto watering system with Chicken nipples inside and outside of the coop. and some roosting branches in the run. I will have to take some updated pictures in the morning.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Welcome to BYC!

A lot of people lurk before they join. This site has so much information and help available, it really is the best place for chicken lovers. I see you've already been a victim of 'chicken math', lol. Congrats on getting your first (of many I'm sure) eggs.

Have you checked out your state thread yet? You can connect with other members in MI here:
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/697050/michigan-thread-all-are-welcome

3. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    [​IMG] Glad you decided to join us.

4. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello there and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

So glad you could join our community! Good luck with all your poultry projects and welcome to our flock!

5. mymilliefleur

mymilliefleur Keeper of the Flock

Nov 4, 2014
    East Tennessee.
    Welcome!

So glad you could join us!

Good luck with your new flock!

6. Mountain Peeps

Mountain Peeps Change is inevitable, like the seasons Premium Member

Apr 23, 2014
    At our lodge
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

7. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC! Glad you decided to join our flock. A lot of us were lurkers before joining. :eek:) It sounds like you are getting hooked on "chicken math." Very few BYC members are immune to it. :eek:) Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

8. CGChickMama

CGChickMama Out Of The Brooder

Apr 19, 2013
    Grand Haven, MI
    Welcome! We just moved for work but was out in Robinson Township by Grand Haven. The Michigan thread has lots of great people.

9. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC!

10. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Welcome to BYC![​IMG] We're glad to have you. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Good luck with your flock!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by