Hello from Guttenberg, Iowa

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by NEIAMuscovies, Feb 5, 2017.

1. NEIAMuscovies

NEIAMuscovies Out Of The Brooder

Feb 5, 2017
    Northeast Iowa, USA
    Hello,
    I have been rasieing muscovies ducks and chickens since I was a child with my grandpa. I have now gotten my husband involved and my kids enjoy feeding time and help out. We currently raise and sell our muscovies and butcher 2 or 3 for ourselves. We are currently free range but are looking to pen the ducks up due to the destruction of our yard. Our chickens are a black speckled and a red. We recently added two a lavender and a dark red maned rooster named Coco. Our white Golden mane rooster (not sure of breeds) seems to terrorizes the hens and really hurt Coco. My husband thinks he is a cock fighter breed so we have to pen him up separately. He did breed one of the speckled hens and we got our Chuck. He was hatched by a duck who invaded the hen house. He was our only chick so he was raised with ducklings and has identity issues. Lol. That about sums us up.

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, NEIAMuscovies, and :welcome! Pleased you joined our flock! Lots of duck folks on BYC...here's a link to their forum: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/42/ducks
    Best wishes to you and your chickens and ducks! :)

3. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join us here! I've loved reading your intro and getting to know more about your flock. They sure do sound an interesting bunch! Wishing you the very best of luck and enjoy your time here on BYC :frow

4. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello there and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

So glad you could join our community!

5. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hello there, and welcome to the coop! I am so glad you decided to join the flock and I hope you'll make yourself at home here! :frow

~Cuz

6. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under NEIAMuscovies [​IMG] Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

8. N F C

N F C got coffee? Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Thanks for the interesting intro, it's nice to have you here!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by