Hello from Hawaii

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by KauAnnie, Jun 30, 2011.

1. KauAnnie

KauAnnie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2011
    Maui
    I wake up today to see 3 chickens in my garage. They look young, like not yet full grown? They are pretty tame, one lets me carry her. I once heard my neighbors yard chirping but they moved away last week so maybe they let the chickens free? Haha, ohh well, I love animals so I was more then happy to accept them and nag my parents to let me keep them. From this morning, I have been researching all the needs of a chicken and I stumbled upon this site. It is really helpful and I want to thank anyone who helps me in the future because I have very limited knowledge on chickens. I have 4 dogs who are completely separated from the chickens and there is a stray cat I have to do something about so that it will not hurt my new friends, haha. So, I guess this week I shall be building a chicken coop and buying some chicken food. Ohh and I love naming them and it has been really difficult. My dad said to name them adobo for chicken adobo or pot pie for chicken pot pie. It seems really not nice to me but funny, and at that moment I thought of breakfast, lunch and dinner as names. Haha I am a terrible person and I bairly eat meat so it was ironic. Have a great day!

2. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    an accidental chicken owner.
    Well, you sure sound like a nice person to take this so cheerfully. You will enjoy them. (bunches.)
    Welcome to BYC [​IMG]

3. kla37

kla37 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2010
    Hillsborough, NC USA
    [​IMG] Lots of people give their chickens food related names. It can be funny! Nice to have some sweet birds stumble upon you. Good luck!

4. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

5. KauAnnie

KauAnnie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2011
    Maui
    Haha, thank you.

6. FeatheredObsessions

FeatheredObsessions Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2010
    Oregon
    WELCOME!!!

[​IMG]

7. jujubee

jujubee Feather Hill Farm

Mar 3, 2011
    Hi from Ohio:)

8. goldfinches

goldfinches Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2011
    Maryland
    Welcome! I love Hawaii, and especially love seeing all the chickens running around. It's a beautiful place for your chickens to live [​IMG]

Stick around, you'll learn all you need to know here.

9. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Good luck with them [​IMG]

10. SilkieGirl

SilkieGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2011
    Morristown
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by