Hello from Houghton County, Michigan!

gmjarvi

Songster
Feb 11, 2020
Upper Peninsula, Michigan
Hey all! Signed up last night, figured I'd post a thread here in case anyone is interested haha. I've been on the BYC Facebook group page for several months now and knew I had to sign up for the forum when I was refreshing the FB group page waiting for new posts 😩 I'm obsessed! 🤦‍♀️

I currently have 16 chickens...
1 frizzle roo (I'm aware this is a feather type and not a breed, but I'm not sure of his breed(s)! His colors remind me of blue copper Marans. I'm certain he's some sort of barnyard mix, though).
3 buff orpington ladies
1 ISA brown lady
1 bantam silkie hen
1 silver-laced wyandotte hen
1 silver-laced wyandotte suspected roo
2 mystery hens
3 Icelandic hens
2 olive eggers
1 white leghorn

Let's see what else...we are building a second coop this season just for egg layers so we can use the existing coop for meat chickens. I'm also thinking about getting into ducks and raising a couple Thanksgiving turkeys.

I have incubators set up and am picking up eggs from a breeder in my region....Blue Ameraucana, black copper and blue splash Marans, lavender orpington, and salmon faverolles. Later in the season I will be getting cream legbar and partridge cochin eggs. Nobody told me that hatching egg math is even WORSE than chicken math ugh lol.

Last edited:
I will have to get some more pictures, here are some of them enjoying a rare sunny February day!

Attachments

• 20200205_160939.jpg
    20200205_160939.jpg
    594.4 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom