Hello from Kansas City, Mo

farmerinKC

Songster
8 Years
May 5, 2011
Kansas City, Missouri
Hi to everyone here! I have learned so much here the past three weeks-after finally deciding to keep some chickens here in KC. I fell in love with chickens after visiting my friend in Kauai last year-listening to all the roosters crow beginning at 3 AM and watching my friend's 5 hens roam around her beautiful yard-chasing bugs, eating coconuts and just enjoying being chickens. So-three weeks ago my son and I picked out 6 golden comets-sadly one died the next day-we tried so hard to help her. Good news is the other five are going strong. A week later I bought 2 buff orpingtons and 2 americaunas. They all get along really well and sleep together in little groups-very cute. I guess there is some pecking order stuff going on as I have seen some chest bumping the past few days. One of the americaunas is so sweet-I named her Sylvia because she is a light silver color and she just seems to be a lovely well-mannered little lady. I already want more, but I think it would be wise to just start with these nine and see about more later. There is so much to learn.
I have always had cats and dogs all my life-so this is all new. Happy to be here and learning everyday!

Hello and welcome from Ohio! Glad to hear everything is going well with your new chicks. Just wait until you get those first eggs.....So exciting!

Enjoy!

Sharon

Hello
frow.gif
from Hesperia,CA and
welcome-byc.gif
yippiechickie.gif
D.gif

Back
Top Bottom