Hello from Kansas

Status
Not open for further replies.

OkieQueenBee

Chirping
6 Years
Jul 25, 2013
Marion, Kansas
I am a transplanted Okie living on the edge of the Flint Hills in Kansas. My husband and I have built ( are building ) a new house on his family farm. So on to our next project - chickens, guinneas, turkeys, ducks and geese. We are both beekeepers and that is why we are in the chicken business before we are really ready. A lady we bought some bees and equipment from had some chickens, 1duck, and 2 geese, she was moving and needed to re-home them. So we brought home 3 older hens, 7 baby chicks (but not their mother), 1duck, and 2 geese. And that is when the fever hit. We now have 18 keets, 4 turkeys, 2 Buff pullets, 2 EE (probably) Roos, 1original old hen, 7 chicks (still growing), the duck and geese. The coop is now in place and the yard is being constructed between the rains. We spend way to much time watching our birds (the house will never get finished).

Greetings from a fellow Kansan, OkieQueenBee, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Great to have you with us! Love seeing fellow Kansans...even transplanted ones
wink.png
...join up! I'm just up the road from you - I live about a mile from Milford Lake. Sounds like you have your poultry bases covered. I have chickens, ducks, and turkeys...may do the goose thing next year. I wish you all the luck on your farm!

Another Kansas person Yay! :) Gotta love the Flint Hills, so beautiful. My family is headed to Manhattan tomorrow to help my college brother move from house to apartment.........I'm so excited
th.gif
Welcome to the group!

I am a transplanted Okie living on the edge of the Flint Hills in Kansas. My husband and I have built ( are building ) a new house on his family farm. So on to our next project - chickens, guinneas, turkeys, ducks and geese. We are both beekeepers and that is why we are in the chicken business before we are really ready. A lady we bought some bees and equipment from had some chickens, 1duck, and 2 geese, she was moving and needed to re-home them. So we brought home 3 older hens, 7 baby chicks (but not their mother), 1duck, and 2 geese. And that is when the fever hit. We now have 18 keets, 4 turkeys, 2 Buff pullets, 2 EE (probably) Roos, 1original old hen, 7 chicks (still growing), the duck and geese. The coop is now in place and the yard is being constructed between the rains. We spend way to much time watching our birds (the house will never get finished).
We moved from oklahoma also. Mcalester. I had only been there 5 years. From ... Mom moved alot. Born in missouri. Sounds like a great time.bi am happy for u

Another Kansas person Yay! :) Gotta love the Flint Hills, so beautiful. My family is headed to Manhattan tomorrow to help my college brother move from house to apartment.........I'm so excited
th.gif
Welcome to the group!
I have been wanting to see the flint hills. Havent made it yet but i will. From what ive read and pics at library it is beautiful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom