Hello from Kearney Mo

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by OwensDad, Feb 25, 2016.

1. OwensDad

OwensDad Out Of The Brooder

Feb 15, 2016
    Kearney Mo
    New to this site and completely new to raising chickens, When my girlfriend, son and I made the decision to get chickens we defiantly hit the ground running by going to a local chick day and picking up 12 chicks, the gentleman from heartland hatchery was kind enough to throw in a 13th bird free. So we came home with 6 golden sex links 5 buff orpingtons and 2 lavender orpingtons. I built a custom brooder for them about (36x36x24) with a hardware cloth top and a heat lamp of corse. Still finalizing my plans for the coop but right now plan is to convert a old metal 5x10 shed into a coop. The shed will be enclosed inside a 20x25 run with 6 ft tall 1x2 hardware cloth. So glad we found this site as it has already help us combat pasty butt and answer a few other question so far !!

Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
  2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to the Backyard chickens flock. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do. Would love to see photos of your set up, once it is up and running.

3. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and [​IMG] - glad that you have joined us. You seem to have gone for chickens with an "all guns blazing" approach - and good for you! The Coop section may help give you a little inspiration.

All the best
    CT

4. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

5. OwensDad

Feb 15, 2016
    Kearney Mo
    [​IMG][/IMG].

[​IMG]

Here are some pictures of the brooder I built. Will post more as the coop and run progress

6. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

Oh, that is a beautiful brooder! :thumbsup

Also, welcome to BYC! :frow

7. OwensDad

Feb 15, 2016
    Kearney Mo
    Thank you. Starting to make progress on the coop. Bought this beauty for 375$ dollars this week. Has a lot of potential and should make a amazing coop. 8x12x12ft tall [​IMG]

8. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

Wow! That is a really nice find. Your girls are going to love that as their future home. :)

9. OwensDad

Feb 15, 2016
    Kearney Mo
    Finaly got our new coop moved home and started to make some progress working converting it over, here's a few pics of the progress so far.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by