Hello from Kent Island, MD - Radas Roost!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by kmrada, Jan 22, 2011.

1. kmrada

kmrada New Egg

Jan 16, 2011
    My first post to the Forum....joined on Jan. 16th but must confess I have been a stalker for over a year now. We have just put up our "new" coop today. We are going to use a re-furbished 8x10 wooden shed which is still in great shape. Plan on having a large run for the ladies that will extend into my woods so they have some great places to forage thru. Still have to construct the run and furnish the inside of the coop with roosts and nesting boxes (going to use wooden wine boxes). The run will be convered since I also have a Great-Horned Owl and a Red tailed Hawk who live on my property. Decided to get the ladies for our own because a group of us have been buying from a local farmer but it has become inconvenient at times. I have the property and the crazy desire. Figure that we will be getting established hens in the early spring. There are many for sale in my area for the choosing and some need good homes.

My husband thinks I am crazy because I positioned the coop/run right outside my living room window so I can watch my "Chicken TV". My oldest son, 15, just laughs as well but my youngest, 9, is on board with his crazy mom!

I have another family who will be tending the roost with me as well. We will be composting the run to use for her spring garden.

Looking forward to gleaning info from the experts!

Thanks,
    Kristi R.

2. patman75

patman75 Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio. So glad you decided to join in. It is a grate site. It sounds like a great plan you have. Just remember hens over the age of two years can start declining on their eggs production. So you may want to get some pullets as well. [​IMG]

4. Luckytaz

Luckytaz Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2010
    Rogers, Mn.
    Welcome, from Minnesota.

5. renart

renart Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2009
    Kingston, WA
    Welcome from Washington State!

6. Cacciatore

Cacciatore Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2011
    San Pablo, CA
    Welcome from California. [​IMG]

7. K9Carrie

K9Carrie Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2010
    Lodi, California
    A big warm [​IMG] from Lockeford, California. I don't watch much t.v. but I do like to watch the "All Chicken Channel" in my yard!!! [​IMG]

8. Barred Rocks forever

Barred Rocks forever Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 9, 2009
    maryland
    welcome from maryland !

9. Desert Rooster

Desert Rooster El Gallo Del Desierto

Sep 4, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca
    Hello [​IMG] from Hesperia, Ca and [​IMG]

10. Wild Trapper

Wild Trapper Chillin' With My Peeps