Hello from Kentucky :)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Bteeg, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Bteeg

Bteeg Out Of The Brooder

Mar 22, 2017
    Kentucky
    Hello BYC!
    My name's Brittany, residing in Kentucky with my 18 month old daughter, and husband. We are a military reserve family who just moved into a house in the country on an acre. We've always wanted chickens and ducks and we finally are able to have them! Woohoo! I haven't ordered any yet as Im still doing a lot of research before I dive in but I am so looking forward to learning from all of you!!

2. TheKindaFarmGal

TheKindaFarmGal Overrun With Chickens

May 4, 2016
    Somewhere in the Universe
    Welcome to BYC, Brittany! It's great to have you with us! :)

3. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi Brittany and welcome to BYC - great that you have joined us. This link may be helpful - https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/getting-started-raising-chickens

You'll find lots of info in the Learning Centre - https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center and if you have a specific topic in mind, just type it in the search box - there's a wealth of information on past and present threads.

You may wish to consider joining your state thread as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/270925/find-your-states-thread#post_3239224

All the best
    CT

4. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Hello from Kansas, Brittany, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our community! Looks like CTKen did the legwork with the links for you to research so I'll just say best wishes and thanks for joining BYC!!

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Very nice to meet you Brittany, hope you will enjoy Backyard chickens as much as we do. [​IMG]

6. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Hi Brittany, it's nice to have you here!

7. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Brittany [​IMG] Welcome!

As you have already received some links to great starting points, I will just wish you all the best.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

8. Bteeg

Bteeg Out Of The Brooder

Mar 22, 2017
    Kentucky
    Thanks everyone!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by