1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hello from Kentucky!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Larkyn, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Larkyn

Larkyn Out Of The Brooder

Sep 16, 2011
    Louisville
    Hi, my name is Katie... *takes a deep breath* and I am addicted to keeping chickens. (And many other types of creatures. LOL)

Anyway, silliness aside, I've currently got five ~1 month old chicks right now. It's been years since I've had chickens (Okay, maybe only about 3-4...seems like forever though) and after the State fair this year, I got lucky. One of my mother's co-workers kids bought two chicks at the fair without any idea of what they were going to do with them. So, since we had an old pen built with a dog house coop, my mom offered to take them and it's just evolved into a huge project. We're building a new coop and run (yay!) I've since acquired three more chicks (Some awesome looking EE's. I can't wait to see how they look after they've passed the vulture teenage stage) and I've just dove headfirst into keeping these wonderful birds again. BYC has been a great resource for information, and I figured it was time that I joined.

So hi everybody! [​IMG]

2. ChicKat

ChicKat Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Hi Katie,

Welcome. I loved your story.
    Wow---- It will be great when your chickens are progressing, when you have hung around the forum for awhile and you can post pictures.

chickens again---what fun lies ahead!

3. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    [​IMG]

4. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio. So happy you joined. Congrats on getting chickens again. [​IMG]

5. Larkyn

Sep 16, 2011
    Louisville
    Quote:Thanks! I'm so happy to have chickens again. I just love watching them grow up!

I'll be sure to post pictures of them all once I have pic posting access. [​IMG]

6. Larkyn

Sep 16, 2011
    Louisville
    Quote:Thanks!

7. Larkyn

Sep 16, 2011
    Louisville
    Quote:Thanks! [​IMG]

8. CarolynF

CarolynF Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2011
    Puget Sound
    My Coop
    Hi Katie, and WELCOME! I see you're from Kentucky, what a beautiful state, can't wait to get back there to visit again.
    [​IMG]

9. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us. Congrats on your chickens [​IMG]

10. bockbock2008

bockbock2008 Why do they call me crazy??

Dec 30, 2008
    Southwest Indiana
    [​IMG] from Indiana

Just wanted to say hi since your screen name caught my eye. I almost named my DD Larkin [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by