1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hello from Kilimanjaro.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by kevinmmbine, Mar 17, 2016.

1. kevinmmbine

kevinmmbine New Egg

Mar 17, 2016
    Kilimanjaro
    I love keeping and learning about chicken life.

2. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    [​IMG] glad you have joined us.

3. hippiechick28

hippiechick28 New Egg

Mar 16, 2016
    Maybe someone could help me, I have a 4 week old chick who started tucking her head down and walking backwards, it almost looks like she's trying to dig at her feathers underneath but there's nothing there, no diarrhea, no evident trauma, I've separated her from the rest but she's not acting right, I'm not sure if it's wry neck but if anyone has had something similar or might know what this is it would be a big help!

4. liz9910

liz9910 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2012
    Northern California
    Hi there, I would post right away in the Emergency section for best results: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/10/emergencies-diseases-injuries-and-cures

5. liz9910

liz9910 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2012
    Northern California
    [​IMG] the Learning Center is the best place to start. Good luck to you!

6. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

What breed of chickens do you raise? Feel free to share a photo if you'd like, pictures are always fun to see.

It's nice to have you here with us!

7. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    What breed of chick is she? This is very common in silkies but, found in other breeds we well. Generally it is caused by a bump or peck to the head. Less commonly it can be from a chemical imbalance. My friends silkie cockerel had in very badly he walked backwards, did some break dancing and really freaked her out. It took some time to bring him through it but, she had him for 5 more years.

9. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - glad you have joined us.

The Learning Centre is a great resource, even for experienced chicken keepers - loads of info on anything chicken. https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

The members here are amazing - very friendly and helpful, so if you need an answer to a question or simply want some reassurance that what you are doing is ok, then post away - we all help each other out here at BYC.

All the best
    CT

10. kevinmmbine

kevinmmbine New Egg

Mar 17, 2016
    Kilimanjaro
    I am also glad to be here.i am keeping crossed breed a mixature with local.i mostly using free range method also i collect grass,water melon and tomato from farms for my chicken.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by