Hello from Lancaster California

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by alleykatkitten, Mar 12, 2017.

1. alleykatkitten

alleykatkitten New Egg

Mar 12, 2017
    Hello my name is Alley and I am new to this form. Lately I have been thinking about raising chickens for my own personal use. I don't have a lot of experience but I'm willing to learn from those who do. I don't want anything too elaborate, just something simple for my family. Recently bought a chicken coop and ready to begin my adventure in raising chickens. Right now I'm just prepping the area for where I want the chickens to be and then I'll figure out what I'm capable of doing. Want only to keep it simple and healthy. Any suggestions are gladly welcomed and appreciated.

2. RodNTN

RodNTN Following Jesus

May 22, 2013
    The USA
    My Coop
    [​IMG] I am glad you joined us! But I am even happier you are interested in chickens!! If you ever have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! Or you can just hop over to the Learning Center for lots of helpful articles and info:
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

I hope you enjoy BYC! Best wishes! [​IMG]

3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Alley, and [​IMG]! Great to have you in our community! RodNTN gave you a great link to begin your poultry education. And if you'd like to chat with some local poultry folks, find the CA thread in the link below and pop on over and say howdy:
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/270925/find-your-states-thread
    Best wishes and thanks for joining BYC! [​IMG]

4. roxy87

roxy87 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 12, 2017
    Moreno valley ca

Welcome to BYC,

Chose the right site for info. :) Plus might find local people on here as well. I am still learning new things on here.

Best wishes

5. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Alley [​IMG] Welcome!

As you have already received some links to some good starting points, I will just wish you all the best and also your flock when they arrive.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

6. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC, Alley, I am so glad you've joined us!

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Nice to meet you Alley. Thank you for joining us at Backyard chickens. Hope you will enjoy it as much as we do.

8. N F C

N F C just blowing in the wind Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Hi Alley, it's nice to have you here!

9. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hello, and welcome to the forum! I am fixing to celebrate my first year on here, and I have loved it so much, I hope you will too! There is tons of great info and friendly folks, so pull up a chair and make yourself at home! :frow

~Cuz

10. LauraBrown

LauraBrown Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome to BYC Alley! Glad you joined us! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by