Hello from Leicester, UK

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by macgro7, Oct 10, 2013.

1. macgro7

macgro7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi
    My name is Abdulmajeed, I'm originally Polish but live in Leicester, England, UK.

I spent all my life in city, for my first 17 years we used to live on 11th floor, and always kept so animals (at that point fish, guinea pigs, parrots, turtles, horned frogs, mice, hamsters, etc, etc)
    When I moved away from my parents and went to university sort of starting raising all of those animals again. Sinve then I have snakes, mice, scorpions, tarantulas rabbits and... chickens!

I still live nearthe city center but at least I have a little garden.

We got our first chickens in spring of 2013 (about 5 months ago!). I swear by God Almighty, it totally changed my life! We bought our first three egg laying mixed breed hens on gumtree lol
    By nature, I read a lot. Whatever I plan to do I will definitelly read everything I can find about it, that was the case of poultry too.

I found out about the livestock market near our city, in Melton Mowbray. The first time I went there - I fell in Love with that place! Full of farmers - the kind of people I never really had chance to see in real life! That market is quite unique, and I'm very lucky to live so close to it. Only 16 miles. Every week there are people coming from 50-60 miles radius!

Since I found the livestock market poultry becamce my life. My hobby, my love, my source of income! I buy fertile aggs and hath them in the incubator, buy chickens and other birds and sell them.

Now I'm looking for a farm to rent. I would love to make farming my full time job. I'm not only talking about raising few chickens but sheep and cows ;-)

I've been reading this forum a lot for last several months, it's only today I had a reason to register as I need some help with sexing my stunning lemon pyle brahmas. I hope I find some help!

2. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Welcome to BYC [​IMG] Your enthusiasm is wonderful! I think you are going to very successful with your venture. I noticed you said you enjoy reading. We have quite a few articles on here by our members and some of them are very interesting. You will find them here:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/0/Member_Pages

Enjoy the site and let us know when you find that farm you are looking for!

3. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan, glad you joined in [​IMG]

I would love to see a picture of a lemon pyle bird, they sound lovely

4. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! Happy you joined!

5. liz9910

liz9910 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2012
    Northern California
    Welcome to BYC!

6. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    [​IMG]
    Hello!

7. boskelli1571

boskelli1571 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 7, 2011
    Finger Lakes, NY
    Welcome from a mis-placed Brit living in sunny upstate NY![​IMG] You will find much to read here my friend, lots of smart people on this site, Sue

8. Butterprint

Butterprint Out Of The Brooder

Oct 10, 2013
    Denver, CO
    I'm new too! How neat that you have such experience with so many different animals ;-)

9. macgro7

macgro7 Chillin' With My Peeps

10. AK Baha

AK Baha Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2013
    Anchorage, Alaska.
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by