Hello from Lincolnshire England

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Festa X11, Oct 11, 2009.

1. Festa X11

Festa X11 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 11, 2009
    Lincolnshire Wolds UK
    My partner and I have been looking on the forum for a few days and decided to join as we have found some good advice.

I work on intensive poultry farms, however I have no contact with the birds as I clean the farms after all the birds have left. My partner is a childminder for her sins lol.

We have had chickens at home for just over 18months starting with battery rescued hens, who unfortunately only survived just over a year. We now have 3- Blackrock hens, 4- Juvenile silkies, 4- 5 week old silkies and 4- out of 17 silkie eggs in the incubator, we are keeping our fingers crossed they make it, they are due to hatch around the 22nd October.

Chris and Lillian

2. chickendude

chickendude Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2009
    Dutchess County NY
    [​IMG]

3. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

[​IMG] from Washington State

Imp

4. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Hi Chris and Lillian! [​IMG] from S. Florida! So happy you joined us all here!

5. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

Welcome from the state of Indiana to you both!! It sounds as if you'll have much to contribute to the site as well! [​IMG]

6. Mojo Chick'n

Mojo Chick'n Empress of Chickenville

Welcome [​IMG] Some of my family originally came from Lincolnshire (Little Hale)

meri

7. Festa X11

Festa X11 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 11, 2009
    Lincolnshire Wolds UK
    Little Hale is about 40 miles south of us, we got our Silkies form a town near there called Boston and we had to drive through a village called New York to get there. [​IMG]

8. Mojo Chick'n

Mojo Chick'n Empress of Chickenville

Quote:so cool [​IMG] I've never been, but would love to go and check it out someday.

Family name was Ingall - I have no idea if I still have family over there or not - I imagine I must have someone living there.

meri

9. fldiver97

fldiver97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2009
    Middleton, WI
    [​IMG] from Wisconsin

10. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by