Hello from Livermore, CA

MamaHenJenn

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jan 21, 2013
I've been wanting to raise chickens in our backyard for some time. We live in a condo, so we have a very small backyard. We are raising our two chicks inside and I've been obsessively searching for the right affordable coop on-line. I'm not sure what to do? My husband isn't handy. I am, but I'm a full-time grad student in the most intense quarter, and we have a 1 and 3 year old. I know it will all workout. I plan on calling the city tomorrow to get a permit incase my neighbors decide to complain, which I don't think they will, but I'm on the board of our HOA here and I want to have all my chicks in a row. I was hoping to figure out how to get intouch with other BYC memebers in my area...

ab4a3b6ffa9c5224e8d94f1bf069309e835bf44ada39a3ee5e6b4b0d3255bfef95601890afd80709da39a3ee5e6b4b0d3255bfef95601890afd80709a4b3225a1483568630b9.png

Greetings from Kansas, MamaHenJenn, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Great to have you in our community! Chickens are very adaptable and won't care if they have a have an old doghouse or the Taj Mahal of coops. Lots of folks on BYC have built simple coops from reclaimed and re-purposed materials such as pallets. Lots of good scrounging around old construction sites. Take a look at the Coops section below for ideas and best of luck to you!!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/2/Coop_Designs

Hello and welcome to BYC
frow.gif
If you want to chat with members in your area look for your state thread in the Where am I? Where are you! section. I think building your own coop would work out cheaper for you. Prebuilt ones are pricey and often not quite what they seem like online... There's lots of plans and designs for small to large coops in the link Redsoxs posted for you. Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom