Hello from Malaysia!

AsmysFarm

In the Brooder
Oct 2, 2016
Melaka,Malaysia
Hello everyone! Great website, I already read some of the article since 2 years ago, now after several succes and having 150 chickens right now with 2 chicken coop with 400 sqf each but we do let the free range, I think I should say thanks
ya.gif
to all of you who post great articles about raising chickens espeacially
bow.gif
sallysunshine with lots of info about hatching eggs. We have 2 incubator, for incubating n hatching purpose. So I guess thats all for now, and this is my first post so hope I can make new friends here.
highfive.gif

This is old picture when we only have 1 incubator. Now we have 2, the other one using styrofoam, both of them diy by my brothers, 3 of them really good at wiring since they have competent certificate
thumbsup.gif
. Fuhh! Love them.

Say hi to this big family guys.
wee.gif

Hello there and welcome to Backyard chickens!! Wow, that is alot of chickens! Glad to see you have made yourself at home and I can not wait to see ya around on the forum! Have fun!

Hi and a warm welcome to BYC - great that you have joined us! Wow, you do have a lot of chickens (so would I, if I had that kinda space). You seem to have a great set up - very professional. Its good to hear that BYC has been useful to you in the past, and I hope that you will make yourself at home and share your experience and knowledge with us.

Best wishes
CT

Hello there and welcome to Backyard chickens!! Wow, that is alot of chickens! Glad to see you have made yourself at home and I can not wait to see ya around on the forum! Have fun!
Thanks CuzChickens, yeah, that is a lot of chickens. My parents always keep for 20 to 25 chickens. Now my family and I try to hit our cap maybe 400 to 600 chickens if that possible. if that happen, maybe flies gonna be a big problem.

Hi and a warm welcome to BYC - great that you have joined us! Wow, you do have a lot of chickens (so would I, if I had that kinda space). You seem to have a great set up - very professional. Its good to hear that BYC has been useful to you in the past, and I hope that you will make yourself at home and share your experience and knowledge with us.

Best wishes
CT
Thanks CTKen, that space is not our own land, we live near to the city, but we have space between our house and river(can I call it backyard?), so we use it for gardening and stuff. I think it is 3 to 4 acre, maybe more but we use what we need, not more than that. I will share the set up on our incubators after this. 2 or 3 years before I keep reading all post regarding hatching and raising chicks n now I can proud what my family and I heading to.

Welcome to BYC! It's great to have you. One of my favorite breeds originates in Malaysia - the Serama bantam. Very neat fowls.
Thanks QueenMisha, Nice breed but I dont keep any serama bantam. very nice, beatiful and quite expensive breed if they really raise properly. but we have what we call "Ayam Kampung". I dont know if there is proper name for this kind of breed. Can you guys tell me if there is any name for this breed? alraedy google it but it give me science term.

Welcome to Backyard chickens. Looks like you had a very successful hatch
jumpy.gif
Thanks drumstick diva, actually we have 20-25 laying hens and only 2 rooster, but not every single of them laying egg everyday, but we always put eggs that we collect in the incu every single week, pretty much about 25 to 35 egg per batch. this breed that I have maybe laying 150 to 170 egg per year, so this is not a good layer. but we keep what we have right now.

Thanks QueenMisha, Nice breed but I dont keep any serama bantam. very nice, beatiful and quite expensive breed if they really raise properly. but we have what we call "Ayam Kampung". I dont know if there is proper name for this kind of breed. Can you guys tell me if there is any name for this breed? alraedy google it but it give me science term.

I googled "Ayam Kapung" - beautiful birds! I'd say that's about as close to a proper name as you would get for them, though. They look distinctly gamefowl in their type (shape) - many village and landrace chickens around the world will show a gamefowl type, because it's the most suited to a natural environment with less human interference. Their egg production sounds about right for a gamefowl too! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom