Hello from Maryland

OnBorrowedWings

In the Brooder
8 Years
Aug 4, 2011
Love this forum! I've already spent many hours over the past few weeks (you all know how that goes - addictive indeed) learning about chickens. I find the coop building stories absolutely riveting.

Sadly, no chickens yet! Still gleaning information and trying to decide which breed would be best for our little farm. I have already learned sooo much and am blown away by the knowledge and generosity of the experienced folks here.

I live on 20 acres in Western Maryland in an 18th century stone farmhouse and am examining the various outbuildings with an eye to which one would make the best coop conversion.

My vocation is training dogs, and my hobbies are training and exhibiting my dogs in conformation, obedience, agility, musical freestyle, herding, and hunt tests. I'm also blessed with four Lipizzan horses, and dabble a bit in various horsemanship and dressage pursuits.

Thanks in advance for the input; I'm sure I will have a gazillion questions as I get closer to my chicken project.

Betty
Heartsease Farm
Sharpsburg Maryland
1 elderly Border Collie, 1 young hooligan Irish Water Spaniel, 3 Pyrenean Shepherds, a six pack of 5 weeks old Pyr Shep puppies (see puppy pics at www.madcap.name and some YouTube video at MadcapPyrSheps), 4 Lipizzans, 14 Clun Forest and Clun/Shetland cross sheep, an ancient Tonkinese house cat and 3 barn cats, a great son, and the best husband EVER

95611_welcome_hen_2.jpg

welcome-byc.gif
from Kansas!
frow.gif
I like your approach of learning first and then getting some birds. Of course I went the opposite - got the birds knowing nothing and had to discover as I went - thank goodness for BYC!!
caf.gif
Good luck!
yippiechickie.gif

frow.gif
Hi and welcome!
"I live on 20 acres in Western Maryland in an 18th century stone farmhouse" < Cool!
Looks like you have specific tastes in kritterz, too. It'll be interesting to see what you decide on for your flock. Please do keep us posted.

Back
Top Bottom