Massachusetts
Hi I am Ed

I have a small flock of chickens for eggs+meat+feathers

I don't believe in wasting anything

I am looking for eggs to hatch to move my breeding forward

I am looking for the long feather gene to add to my flock of 6 years going

Here is my breeding rooster below

Anyone who has eggs for hatching please contact me

I would also like to chat with a few of you about how to setup a way to house multiple roosters at the moment
they all roost together and free range together any help in this direction would be of major help

This will be my first attempt to hatch eggs with an incubator

For some reason this rooster is not passing the traits along and now looking for help to move my breeding program forward

Ed

welcome-byc.gif
glad you joined us!

Hi Ed, and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan
frow.gif

Are you talking about genetic hackle birds? If so here is a thread that discussed them
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...ka-fly-tying-chickens-info-for-the-interested

Thanks for the warm welcome

Yes these are the type of birds I am seeking to buy eggs so I can add the genes to my own stock

I have different goals for the birds I raise but I need to add the genes that produce long feathers

These birds also have additional traits for the feathers like dry flies, wet flies, streamers etc... if you don't already know about this.

Unfortunately I am a little late to purchase eggs from the supplier in Maine that BlueDun recommends they no longer make those eggs available and was hoping I could run into someone here who has those genes in their flock

Ed

Hi, I have 3 different flocks, silkies, welsummers and RIR all with roosters, I had to build seperate coops for them all to have full blooded eggs to incubate. Lots of people have eggs on here, check out the auction page! Glad you joined! Oh BEAUTIFUL rooster by the way!

Back
Top Bottom