Hello from Mayberry

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by MayberrySaint, Mar 10, 2007.

1. MayberrySaint

MayberrySaint Chillin' Out

Mar 7, 2007
    Mount Airy, NC
    I just wanted to let you know what a great forum you have here at BYC. I was raised on a farm and we always had hens and chicks around. Well, after many years and being influenced by all your stories, I have placed my order with McMurray and expect to receive 32 babies next week. I ordered 8 Light Brahmas, 8 Buff Orpingtons, 8 Black Australorps and 8 Silver-Laced Wyandottes.

Andy

2. pegbo

pegbo Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2007
    Hi there NY here! I've got just about everyone of those chickens. You'll love them, they are so pretty and good layers to boot!!![​IMG]

3. bigzio

bigzio Overrun With Chickens

Jan 20, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Andy, way to go on the Light Brahmas. You won't be disapointed. They will become your best friends.

bigzio

4. jimnjay

jimnjay Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Bryant Alabama
    Mount Airy, is a beautiful place, I visited there last year. It will be very nice for you, I am thinking there must be lots of chicken folks around. It is a perfect spot with lots of country nearby.

Welcome and enjoy you birds, of course we expect to see photos of the babies. [​IMG]

5. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

I also agree with the Brahmas...I miss mine badly...
    They're heavy breeds, so they may not lay until they're 6 months old...
    Big, is that a Brahma as your avatar? [​IMG]
    Thanks for the vote of confidence for us all...you have to show us the babies when you get them settled.

6. bayouchica

bayouchica Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2007
    N.E. Louisiana
    Welcome to BYC, Andy. You can't go wrong with those Buff Orps,sweet chickens [​IMG]

BTW the way...Really like your avator!!! Who Dat! Who Dat! Can't wait till next season [​IMG]

Good to have ya here,
    Miriam

7. Beau Fleur

Beau Fleur Out Of The Brooder

Feb 19, 2007
    Welcome,
    You will love your buff orp's and australorps,they are great laying hen's and gentle beautiful bird's. You did a great job of picking out your breed's. You must of done your research first like I did. LOL

Congrat's and enjoy. This is just the beginning for you.

8. bigzio

bigzio Overrun With Chickens

Jan 20, 2007
    Wisconsin
    SpottedCrow, Thanks for the compliment, ya that's bigzio my Light Brahma Roo.

He is very gentle and one of the family.

bigzio

9. MayberrySaint

MayberrySaint Chillin' Out

Mar 7, 2007
    Mount Airy, NC
    Thanks for the nice welcomes...I literally am having trouble sleeping just waiting for my chicks to arrive.

Andy

10. bayouchica

bayouchica Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2007
    N.E. Louisiana
    Hi Andy, so when are the little ones coming??? yeah I can remember those sleepless nights [​IMG] When they got here I could just sit & watch them all the time... baby chics are so darn cute [​IMG]

Later, Miriam

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by