Hello from me and my conure!

Discussion in 'Caged Birds - Finches, Canaries, Cockatiels, Parro' started by Jo77, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Jo77

Jo77 New Egg

Sep 23, 2010
    I am owned by one furkid as of right now...a green cheek conure who will be turning 2 next month. For the last year I have been researching different birds on the debate of adding a new family member. I joined this group to see what types of birds people have together, and basically just to gather more information.
    I am not a pet shop buyer, but have fell in love with a sun conure who has sadly been there for several months. Luckily, the employees there take him out daily for interaction and he is the nicest pet shop bird I have ever encountered. He lets me lay him down on his back (very trusting) and give scratches everywhere... Way over priced or I may have broken down and bought him already. If anyone is owned by a GCC and has other furkids I would love to hear what you have and how/if they get along? I'm very concerned at how it works when you cant have two birds out at the same time, knowing you would have to split up the time between them. appreciate any and all advice
    Jo [​IMG]

2. ra

ra Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2009
    Arkansas
    [​IMG]

I have two young cockatiels and a young greencheek conure. I have them in different cages but put them on a large playstand together. It has only been two days but the little greencheek gives them a little bit of a hard time![​IMG] They havent hurt each other but he does chase them every now and them and they just jump off.

Good luck They are a lot of fun!

Last edited: Sep 24, 2010
  3. Jo77

Jo77 New Egg

Sep 23, 2010
    The GCC are such big parrots in a small body, I'm sure yours makes you smile as much as mine does. Introducing a second bird is something I have thought about for awhile now. About a year ago I started checking in to the Blue Crown Conures, but it seems every time I called about one it was already sold and most breeders had long waiting lists. Yesterday I got the news that one is available!!! Keeping my fingers crossed [​IMG]

4. Woods_Woman

Woods_Woman Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2009
    Oregon Rain Forest
    I'm a big lover of feathered friends, and I also have a GCC that I've had about 8 yrs. I would strongly suggest giving second hand birds a chance. Both my African Greys have been second hand birds and I'm so glad I can provide these guys with a forever home.

5. ra

ra Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2009
    Arkansas
    Our greencheek is so funny, he is so quick and always haging upside down![​IMG]

6. texascowboy1979

texascowboy1979 Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome... you will love it here. Everyone is friendly

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by