Hello from Mississippi

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by langshanlover, Oct 31, 2011.

1. langshanlover

langshanlover New Egg

Oct 31, 2011
    Hi, as you can see I'm the "Langshanlover", my name is Honey by birth rights. [​IMG] I'm new to the forum, I'm not new to the site though, I've been using this site since last year when I ordered my Layers in the Fall.

I live in east central Mississippi on approximately 10 acres of land, I've been married for 27yrs & have 2 boys, 1 is 26 & living on his own. (Thank God! [​IMG]) My other son just Graduated this past May & I'm starting to feel old although still young at heart, but my body started declining before I had any say so! [​IMG] I'm currently disabled & find myself having good days & bad days, but really needed something to do with my time on those good days, I used to work everyday then all of the sudden that life was gone.

We've had a small flock of bantams for about 13yrs or so & last Fall I decided to order some laying hens. I went online & ordered the Rainbow Layer collection from McMurray Hatchery & some Rouen Ducks (wanted something that wouldn't fly away). When the chicks arrived it was suppose to be 25 chicks +a free 1, I preceeded to count them when they arrived
    I was short 1 hen I know this cause when finished feathering out I had 24 hens & a roo, it's all good though.(even though my roo turned out to be mean to me, he just doesn't like me)
    My chicks were a nice variety although I had a couple die, 1 Lt Brahma, 1 Black Langshan, 1 Salmon Favorelle, 7 Barred & 7 White Rocks, 4 Brown Leg Horns, 1 Black Minorca, I also have about 50 OEGB's, 1 Dark Brahma Bantam Roo, 1 White Cochin Bantam sitting on 16 eggs, 1 pair of Quail Danver's, 5 Ameracauna Roo's, 2 Ameracauna hens, 2 Lt Brahma roo's, 4 more Lt Brahma hens2 Red/White Splash roo's & 12 more eggs pending. Then the other animals are 4 Dogs, 5 cats, 1 Rouen duck& 3 drakes, 1 Horse, 3 goats & 8rabbits, I think that's all, that's enough!!!!

2. greymane

greymane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Snyder County, PA
    [​IMG] from the Finger Lakes of New York! So glad to have you aboard!

[​IMG]

3. hcppam

hcppam Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Hello, from the Big Bear mountains of Ca. Glad you found us. [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

5. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG] [​IMG] from WA. glad you joined us [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

Welcome to the site! Not welcome to keeping chickens, obviously you have more time spent on them than the majority of us here!

[​IMG]

Hope you can help some of us newbies out with some tips!

7. silkymom1986

silkymom1986 The Silkie Villa

Sep 28, 2011
    Byhalia, MS
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from North Mississippi, not to far from ya here!!! Glad you decided to join! My first rooster was mean to, but not just me, everybody!!! A wild dog got him though, even though I was always mad at him I was sad that happened to him. Hope you enjoy being a part of the site as much as I do, everyone is so nice and helpful!

8. mamawolf544

mamawolf544 Unbreakable Heart

Apr 29, 2009
    alvarado, Tx
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Texas.

Chickens are great therapy. [​IMG]

9. OldGuy43

OldGuy43 Chillin' With My Peeps

And another big Howdy, from Austin.

10. jtbrown

jtbrown Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011