Hello from Missouri Silver Sebright care giver

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by sierradane, Nov 16, 2010.

1. sierradane

sierradane Out Of The Brooder

Nov 16, 2010
    Missouri
    My introduction into Silver Sebrights was to find one egg out of several hatched out in my father's egg incubator, which occured on Mother's Day of 2004. I took the lone little chick to my mother's house and told her to hold her hand out, taking my "mother's day gift." She kept the little chick whom was named Chicky Poo in the house and was hoping for a hen. But the garbled sound one fateful morning proved that Chicky Poo was a rooster! On the morning of Aug 16 2004, my father got up rather early to watch the very early news then went back to bed for awhile. When Chicky Poo crowed, my father told my mother, "There's our alarm clock." Those were the last words my father would ever say to my mother. My father went into the living room and died while watching more TV.

So for that reason, that little chicken became my mother's pet. My brother, who lives in Georgia, thought it would be good to buy some more baby chicks so that Chicky Poo would have some friends. Chicky Poo always hated them, favoring his stuffed Miss Piggy Doll. Chicky Poo lived to be over 5 years, dying in Oct of 2009. My mother still has the other chickens, all of which are VERY spoiled and picky eaters. Right now she has a little hen named Willie that the other chickens hate, so Willie sleeps in the house.

The chicken mansion:

[​IMG]

2. SuziQ991

SuziQ991 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2009
    Missouri
    Welcome to BYC!! Wow what a story. I love the Chicken Mansion!

3. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by