Hello from Monroe MI

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Darling1239, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Darling1239

Darling1239 New Egg

Apr 21, 2017
    Hi! My husband bought 8 chicks two weeks ago from TSC. Does anyone know the law in Monroe Mi for having chcikens? Theyre starting to get big so i need to get their coop together but dont want to get everything together and then have to get rid of them.

2. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Contact your local authorities (city or county depending on where your home is located) though it may have been wiser to investigate that before they came home.

3. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - thanks for joining us. OGM has given you the best advice.

Good luck
    CT

4. Darling1239

Darling1239 New Egg

Apr 21, 2017
    My husband brought them home. It wasnt a discussed thing before hand lol or else i would have done the research and everything before hand!

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Sometimes it's better to ask forgiveness than to ask permission. to have chickens. It's also best to have a plan B. In case your town makes you get rid of them.

6. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Darling1239 [​IMG] Welcome!

I do hope you are allowed to keep them.

If I were you, I would definitely find out sooner rather than later. Not only do you not want to go to the trouble of building/getting a coop etc; the longer you have these little ones the more you are going to get attached, if it is not already too late.

Good luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by