Hello from Montana

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by BigSkyBird, Jan 4, 2017.

1. BigSkyBird

BigSkyBird Out Of The Brooder

Jan 3, 2017
    Helena, MT
    Hey, all!

I am in Helena, Montana. I'm new to chickens, just planning to start a flock this spring. I'm glad to have found this forum, and thankful for all of you sharing your knowledge and experience! I have learned a lot already from reading on BYC. Thanks for participating in this community! I'm sure I'll have some questions for you down the road. [​IMG]

2. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under BigSkyBird [​IMG] Welcome!

How exciting! I wish you all the best with your chicken venture.

I recommend a visit to the Learning Centre; lots of good tips there: https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

and some great coop ideas here if you do not already have any: https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/2/Coops

Finally, you might want to say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

I hope you enjoy BYC. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC, BigSky!!! So glad you have decided to join in the fun.

4. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hello and a warm welcome to BYC. You have some great links from Teila, so I'll just say hi.

Best wishes
    CT

5. wamtazlady

wamtazlady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2013
    Kalispell MT
    Hello and welcome to the forums. I'm from Kalispell. It's COLD here, but the girls are doing just fine outside in their coop and pen. They are hardy Montana girls.

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

7. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Enjoy getting into raising chickens, they can be really entertaining (and the eggs aren't bad either, lol)!

8. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, BigSkyBird, and :welcome! Pleased you joined our flock! You've already received a wealth of good advice so I'll just say best wishes and thanks for joining BYC!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by