Hello from Muleskinner Farm

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Tentoumushi, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Tentoumushi

Tentoumushi New Egg

Aug 13, 2013
    Hello from Muleskinner Farm in Northeast Arkansas. We have an assortment of "ines" (equine, canine and feline) plus "fowl" (chickens, guineas, turkeys & ducks) that is constantly changing, mostly at husbands "whim". I never know when he leaves with the horse trailer what he will come back with. For that matter, what we will find when we come back from a road trip. We have a neighbor that loves to "gift" us with things he thinks we need .. e.g. Plowed up garden, absolutely ugly ducks, gal. jugs of his brothers homemade wine, even a highway dept. stop sign! Right now we have a dozen or more chickens, 6 guineas, 2 dogs, 2 mules, 1 horse and 3 donkeys (1 is our first donkey baby). My husband was raised in the country but I was a city girl when I met him on a blind date 27 yrs ago. Needless to say, I have learned a lot about animals from him and he has learned "just enough" technology from me to surf the net. What would his retirement have been if I had not shown him how to find Craig's List and You Tube ; ) As I just said, he is retired and so am I (a little early due to 2 rounds of cancer) so we have plenty of time to do "farmstead" stuff. Hope to learn more stuff here. Tina

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Tina, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our community! Sounds like you have an very active farm! Good luck and best wishes!

3. liz9910

liz9910 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2012
    Northern California
    Welcome to BYC!

4. Bluebee

Bluebee Overrun With Chickens

Jul 30, 2012
    Cali
    Welcome to BYC, Tina! Glad to have you here! [​IMG]

5. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Welcome to BYC! Glad you joined us! [​IMG]

6. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    [​IMG]

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG] You sound like a real good sport Tina, no use sweating the small stuff. You do have an odd neighbor tho. He sounds like a character off some sitcom.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by