Hello from NC

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Just Frances, May 5, 2016.

1. Just Frances

Just Frances Just Hatched

Apr 20, 2016
    NC
    I am Frances. I got my first chickens on April 22 and added more on April 30.

I have 3 Dominiques, 4 Black Jersey Giants, 3 Gold Lace Wyndottes, 2 Black Australorps and 2 Brown Leghorns.

I got the chicks at the local farm supply. I am just looking at egg layers right now but maybe in the future I would be open to breeding.......

I found this awesome site by the magic of Google, lol.

I am owned by 11 dachshunds, 1 yorkie, 1 six year old human who is my number one poultry assistant and my hubby who just rolls with it all. We live in eastern NC.

I am looking forward to learning from all of your experience and wisdom :)

2. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Hi and welcome to BYC :)

:eek: That is a LOT of dachshunds!!

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Hi Frances, very nice to meet you. You do LOVE doxies!. So does 1 Muttsfan. Do you breed or show them?

4. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

5. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    [​IMG] - glad that you have joined us.

You'll find lots of info in the Learning Centre (even if you have lots of experience)
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center, and if you have a specific topic in mind, just type it in the search box - there's a wealth of information on past and present threads.

This link may help you for the moment.
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/getting-started-raising-chickens

You may wish to consider joining your state thread as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/270925/find-your-states-thread

All the best
    CT

6. Just Frances

Just Frances Just Hatched

Apr 20, 2016
    NC
    Thanks all...

I have located and subscribed to MY STATE thread. Thanks for pointing that out for me.

Yep a LOT of dachshunds.....I used to show but now I just inherit the ones that need a home for what ever reason.....I am a sucker for an old dog.

The flock is in a 40 gallon aquarium on my enclosed porch until I get the coop completed and the kennel panels connected that will house everyone. They will have roughly a 20X30 enclosed area with a roof covering almost a third of it. The top of the kennel panels will be covered with fencing and secured with handy dandy tie wraps to protect from above borne predators. The will be the finer mesh wire around the bottom to help keep out the ground vermin. It is a work in progress.....

And forgot to add the horse to the list of things that swallow up all my time....what is wrong with me, lol.....

7. ChickenLover200

ChickenLover200 Overrun With Chickens

May 10, 2013
    I'll be in the barn!
    Hi Frances! Welcome to BYC! Sounds like you've got quite the crew there. And you forgot the horse? Lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by