Hello from NE Washington!

KeithNKarri

Hatching
Mar 25, 2015
Hi everybody!
My hubby and I just moved to NE Washington to start our dream of ranching and living self sufficiently. We recently bought our first 6 hens and we LOVE them and all of the fresh eggs :) We don't know anybody who has owned chickens before and welcome any advice or suggestions as we start this journey.

Welcome to BYC, and congratulations on your new home. Start by clicking on the 'Learning Center' at the top of the page, and then start searching the forums. Good luck with your birds.

Hello, and welcome to BYC!
welcome-byc.gif
I'm glad you joined our community.

Congratulations on your new hens! What breeds did you get?

We have 3 Rhode Island Reds, 2 Buff Orphingtons, and 1 Black Sex-Link
Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided join to our flock. Black Sex Links are my favorites. They are friendly and hardy, egg laying machines. I've raised them for years (along with dozens of other breeds and hybrids), and they have been my best layers, consistently churning out more than 300 eggs per hen per year. I also have Buff Orpingtons in my flock and they are very calm and gentle birds. My children and granddaughter made lap pets of them. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Back
Top Bottom