Hello from Nevada!

celloriffic

In the Brooder
Oct 17, 2017
Hello everyone! I've been lurking around here since spring and thought I'd finally make myself a profile and jump in. :) The information here has been SO helpful, and I'm really grateful for the community. On to the questions!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I am new to chickens! I inherited a flock from some good friends who were moving out of state back in June. We were planning on starting our own flock next spring, but this allowed us to just jump right in.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
8 chickens ranging in age from 1 to 5 years old!

(3) What breeds do you have?
2 auracauna, 1 barred rock, 1 red sex link, 1 black sex link (I think), a white leghorn, and 2 I'm not quite sure of yet. I am still learning breeds. We have a dream combo of multi-colored eggs!

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
I stumbled upon this site around the beginning of the year while doing research in preparation for getting chickens. This sight seemed to have the best information, and so thorough!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Gardening and music. :)

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
Just me, husband, our big spoiled dog, a water turtle, and the chickens. :)

350x700px-LL-0727934d_WelcometoBYCChicktalk.gif

It was lucky to get chickens from friends!

Hello everyone! I've been lurking around here since spring and thought I'd finally make myself a profile and jump in. :) The information here has been SO helpful, and I'm really grateful for the community. On to the questions!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I am new to chickens! I inherited a flock from some good friends who were moving out of state back in June. We were planning on starting our own flock next spring, but this allowed us to just jump right in.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
8 chickens ranging in age from 1 to 5 years old!

(3) What breeds do you have?
2 auracauna, 1 barred rock, 1 red sex link, 1 black sex link (I think), a white leghorn, and 2 I'm not quite sure of yet. I am still learning breeds. We have a dream combo of multi-colored eggs!

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
I stumbled upon this site around the beginning of the year while doing research in preparation for getting chickens. This sight seemed to have the best information, and so thorough!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Gardening and music. :)

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
Just me, husband, our big spoiled dog, a water turtle, and the chickens. :)

:welcome good morning glad you dropped in lot's to peruse and many, many great folks here

Thanks everyone! It was great to get chickens from friends! It was a bigger flock than I meant to start with, but I'm so glad to have them. I had no idea how much I would grow to love hanging out and watching them. It seems I'm becoming officially chicken obsessed. :)

Is a black sex link a thing? Maybe she's an australorp. I have 2 black chickens. One has a few feathers on her feet, the other does not.
feathers on the feet are not black sexlink or australorp. Marans hens are black and have feathered feet. Does she lay a fairly dark brown egg?

Back
Top Bottom