Hello from New Hampshire!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by RoketGrrl, Jun 19, 2016.

1. RoketGrrl

RoketGrrl New Egg

Jun 17, 2016
    I'm new to the chicken world - this looks like a great place to get answers to the many questions that come up. We have 4 beautiful girls that we bought as chicks in the fall; they are all grown up and laying -- so exciting to have fresh eggs! Don't know if we're doing everything right or not, but they seem pretty happy :)

We'd like to add a couple more pullets to our little flock, any leads on that would be most appreciated! Happy to be here!

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Welcome to BYC, Type your state in the search bar at the top of the page and do an on site search. Perhaps you can locate local birds to add to your flock.

3. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - you have some great advice already Sourland, so I'll just say hello!

All the best
    CT

Oh, and you can check out the buy/sell/trade forum to see whats currently on offer, but you need have made 20 posts before you can participate.

4. Kim Z

Kim Z Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2014
    Madbury, New Hampshire
    Welcome!!!
    Look for the New Hampshire thread in the forum "Where am I, Where are you?"
    NH people often post birds they have available there.

5. RoketGrrl

RoketGrrl New Egg

Jun 17, 2016
    Sounds like a good start - thank you!

6. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

7. Jucodeo

Jucodeo The Sky is Falling!

Jun 15, 2016
    [​IMG] and [​IMG]
    Hey RoketGrrl! Since you are new to chickens I will leave you the link to the most prominent learning area on this site our Learning Center a place with updated articles for old and new chicken raisers! https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center I hope you enjoy BYC and make sure to post pictures of your flock and give us updates on how you are doing here https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/40/family-life-stories-pictures-updates All the best of luck to you and your flock!
    Justin [​IMG]

8. Kim Z

Kim Z Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2014
    Madbury, New Hampshire
    Where in NH are you? I'm in Madbury, near Dover.
    I have a BO chick named Alice that has turned out to be an Alistair so I may be placing another chick order soon. Are you looking for chicks to raise or pullets that are near POL?

9. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to Backyard chickens

10. RoketGrrl

RoketGrrl New Egg

Jun 17, 2016
    Kim Z - I raised 6 chicks last fall, 2 of which were roos that went to someone else's good home ;-) I would like to get a couple more pullets that are about ready to lay if possible. I might be ready for chicks again next spring. Please let me know if you have an idea where to find some - I am in the Lakes Region.
    Thanks! <3

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by