Hello from New Hampshire!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by 3crazyboys, Mar 28, 2017.

1. 3crazyboys

3crazyboys Out Of The Brooder

Mar 28, 2017
    Southern NH
    Hi all,

My name is Danielle, and I live in NH with my fiance. We have three dogs ("the boys," as I commonly refer to them), and we now have 15 chickens and three ducks! I had ducks a couple of times when I was a kid, but the lack of secure housing led to their demise.It was heart breaking. We also inherited the sweetest, huge leghorn rooster back then as well (whom we spoiled rotten)!

My fiance has wanted chickens for some time, and I've wanted ducks, so we decided to go all out and get both. We got the chicks on the 12th and the ducks (which TSC assumed to be Pekins) on the 18th from a local TSC.

Over the last ten days, I have scoured the duck section of the forum attempting to soak up every detail possible, so I am a well-educated duck momma! I found a local Pekin breeder and will be getting two hatchlings on Thursday to add to my little flock.

I am very happy to have found BYC and all you knowledgeable folks!! :)

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Danielle, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our community! Glad you folks took the poultry plunge! BYC will be here should you have any questions along the way. Sounds like you have found the Ducks Forum but also visit the Learning Center if you haven't - it is loaded with informative articles designed to make your chicken raising experience a successful one. Here's the link:
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center
    And you can chat with other NH poultry folks in your state thread in this link:
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/270925/find-your-states-thread
    Best wishes with your mixed flock and thank you for joining BYC! [​IMG]

3. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - great that you have joined us.

Best wishes
    CT

4. TheKindaFarmGal

TheKindaFarmGal Chicken Obsessed

May 4, 2016
    Somewhere in the Universe
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you've joined us. You must be so excited about the new little babies coming soon!

5. N F C

N F C eggnog time! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

How nice you can get both the chickens and the ducks! You are in for some fun now!

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

7. 3crazyboys

3crazyboys Out Of The Brooder

Mar 28, 2017
    Southern NH
    Thanks for the warm welcome!! Today I learned the magic powers that mealworms have over ducklings!!!! Those things are AMAZING!! We're best friends now!! [​IMG]

8. N F C

N F C eggnog time! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Mealworms are magic all right...my chickens would just about do cartwheels to get those, lol.

9. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Danielle [​IMG] Welcome!

As you have already received some links to great starting points, I will just wish you all the best.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by