Hello from New Hampshire

MamaChick74

Songster
May 27, 2017
New Hampshire USA
Hello all you BYC folks! For 3 years now when I search for answers the majority of the time it brings me to a BYC thread! I thought it was about time to have an account...took me long enough lol. So here I am..Anyways I am from New Hampshire and am mama hen to now only 5 chickens. We started out with 6 and added 4 and through the 3 short years of chicken owning we have lost 5 :( I never knew how hard it would be to go through the loss of what really does become part of your family. But on the other hand it brings me joy in taking care of them. They each have there own personality. And the rewards are eggsellent :)
Other then the flock my fiance and I have an 11 year old son, a dog Ella and a leopard gecko named Rocky. I am fortunate enough to be a stay at home mom and my family and pets sure keep me busy. I love gardening, reading, family day trips and taking pics.
I look forward to learning more from all the people here at BYC.
Have a great day everyone!! :ya:love

Last edited:
Hello all you BYC folks! For 3 years now when I search for answers the majority of the time it brings me to a BYC thread! I thought it was about time to have an account...took me long enough lol. So here I am..Anyways I am from New Hampshire and am mama hen to now only 5 chickens. We started out with 6 and added 4 and through the 3 short years of chicken owning we have lost 5 :( I never knew how hard it would be to go through the loss of what really does become part of your family. But on the other hand it brings me joy in taking care of them. They each have there own personality. And the rewards are eggsellent :)
Other then the flock my fiance and I have an 11 year old son, a dog Ella and a leopard gecko named Rocky. I am fortunate enough to be a stay at home mom and my family and pets sure keep me busy. I love gardening, reading, family day trips and taking pics.
I look forward to learning more from all the people here at BYC.
Have a great day everyone!! :ya:love

Hey there, I'm from NH as well and have 22 chickens now, mixed breeds of hens and a barnyard mix rooster from a friend down the road. I joined for much the same reason. My girlfriend was from Cape Cod and always wanted chickens. What was going to be 8 or so hens, turned into 21 as a result of the cost of chickens and shipping being lower for more chickens from Cackle Hatchery, 4 we got a whim from Runnings, then the extras the hatchery sent. I had never raised chicks, outside of an elementary school project where families took on a pair of duck hatches for a week at a time, and I found everything I needed to know to keep all 21 hens alive and healthy on this site

Hey there, I'm from NH as well and have 22 chickens now, mixed breeds of hens and a barnyard mix rooster from a friend down the road. I joined for much the same reason. My girlfriend was from Cape Cod and always wanted chickens. What was going to be 8 or so hens, turned into 21 as a result of the cost of chickens and shipping being lower for more chickens from Cackle Hatchery, 4 we got a whim from Runnings, then the extras the hatchery sent. I had never raised chicks, outside of an elementary school project where families took on a pair of duck hatches for a week at a time, and I found everything I needed to know to keep all 21 hens alive and healthy on this site
:welcome

Back
Top Bottom