Hello from New Jersey

chickenlindz

Songster
7 Years
Oct 5, 2013
Not only am I new to Chickens but I'm new to blogging and threads and all that stuff so please pardon any mistakes.

I just moved to a 6 acre farm and am beginning to live my dream of being a farmer (my real job is in corporate america).

Well, as there is no fencing or outbuildings I figured the easiest animal to add first would be a chicken. So I read and read and read some more. I ended up ordering 5 EE for a Nov 12 delivery. I then panicked thinking I didn't have enough so I ordered another batch (6) (silkies, polish, maran) to come on 28 Oct.

I'm not sure if I can waitT

I'm also waiting on my coop. My husband is a contractor and the saying about the shoemakers kids not having shoes is so true. Anyway, I found a guy on craigslist who is making me a custom coop! He's been a blessing so far and I can't wait to get it.

Happy to be a part of this community. I may be new to you guys but with all my reading I already feel like some of you are family.

Hi! Welcome to BYC.
welcome-byc.gif

welcome-byc.gif
if you go to "where am I, where are you," in the social forum you can find and post on your state thread. You may even find people nearby with the breeds you want and not need to have them shipped. Plus think how easily you could double or triple the size of your flock. Sorry nothing but enablers here.

Welcome to BYC, and congratulations on your new home. The Sussex Co. poultry show is coming up I believe on Oct. 19 at the fair grounds. There will be birds for sale there that you can add to your flock.

Welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Glad you joined us! I see Sourland's already enabling you
lol.png
You must watch out for him... ;-)

Back
Top Bottom