1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hello from New Mexico

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by turtlewoman100, May 28, 2016.

1. turtlewoman100

turtlewoman100 Just Hatched

May 28, 2016
    Santa Fe, NM
    I have three, year old hens (two austrolorpe and one black lace Wyandotte) and 5 baby chicks which are white lace red Cornish. I have them separate for now but I'm reading a lot about how to incorporate the babies in to the flock when they are older. I am pretty new to chicken husbandry. I always had ducks when I was a kid but not so much chickens. I am really enjoying the 3 eggs a day that I get from my girls. I also have three sheep, Navajo Churro breed, which I raise for their fleeces. I spin, knit, crochet, weave--all that stuff. I am really enjoying my back yard farm in the middle of Santa Fe.
    Just wanted to introduce myself and say "Hi" to everybody.

2. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
  3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Glad you joined the Backyard chickens flock [​IMG]

4. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join us here! Sumi has left you some fab links to check out. I've used the see but dont touch method and I've had fantastic results from using it.
    Your sheep sound very interesting, you might like to pop by the other livestock section too ~https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/22/other-pets-amp-livestock
    My grandma is a big knitter and she has made me some lovely, very warm blankets that she crochet for me.

Wishing you the very best of luck getting everyone intergrated. Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

5. silkiecuddles

silkiecuddles FortheLoveofSilkies

Mar 1, 2015
    Florida
  6. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Water Under the Bridge Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by