1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hello from Newfoundland Canada !!!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by rainbow1, Dec 17, 2016.

1. rainbow1

rainbow1 New Egg

Dec 17, 2016
    Hi, I live on the west coast of Newfoundland. I always wanted chickens and finally now that I live on a large piece of property, I now have 4 Rhode Island Reds in a beautiful coop. I will eventually get some pics. on here. My RIR's started laying just before 5 mths of age, born June 20th 2016. The other day I got the biggest egg I have ever seen. What a surprise !!! My chickens are very tame. They love to be petted and held. It's funny when I enter the coop, they all squat to get their petting and sweet talk,lol. I love them. Recently we've hit a cold front and they've been cooped up for a week so far. We are having quite a bit of snowfall and windy blizzard conditions. I check my girls several times a day. Their names are, Lucy, Lily, Mona and Maizie. Lily is the top hen and likes to put the others in their place. She wants all of the attention from me but I make sure they all get a fair share of lovin. I've been getting all of my info from this site and finally joined. I am so glad I did because the people on here make it seem like family. Thanks

2. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Hi! Good to hear from ya! We love photos when your able.

3. dragonthehunter

dragonthehunter Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2016
    New brunswick Canada
    [​IMG] Welcome from New Brunswick Canada.
    Rhode island reds are a beautiful bird can't wait to see more from you

4. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Fore!
    [​IMG]

How nice you were finally able to get chickens! I've had a couple RIR's and loved mine too. Congrats on getting eggs!

Thanks for joining us!

5. RodNTN

RodNTN Queen of The Coop Premium Member

May 22, 2013
    The USA
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I am glad you joined us, best wishes!

6. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under rainbow1 [​IMG] Welcome!

Your flock sounds adorable!

I hope you enjoy BYC. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to Backyard chickens. You may be interested, as well, in "Canadians, check in here," thread - you may have Bycers, in your neighborhood.

8. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Welcome to BYC! It's great to have you.

9. CuzChickens

CuzChickens FarmHer Premium Member

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hello there, and welcome to Backyard Chickens! I am so glad you joined us, and I am sure you will enjoy it here! Please make yourself at home! :frow

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by