Hello from NH

atcavi8or

In the Brooder
Aug 21, 2019
Tamworth, NH
We just moved from city life in CA to the country in Tamworth, NH. We just bought a home on 2 1/2 acres and now I can raise some chickens like I’ve wanted to do for a long time. Right now I’m in the learning process and doing lots of research with books, YouTube videos and now this forum. I have a lot to learn and plan on starting with about 15 chickens in the spring of 2020. I’m hoping to get my coop built before winter arrives but we will see.

We just moved from city life in CA to the country in Tamworth, NH. We just bought a home on 2 1/2 acres and now I can raise some chickens like I’ve wanted to do for a long time. Right now I’m in the learning process and doing lots of research with books, YouTube videos and now this forum. I have a lot to learn and plan on starting with about 15 chickens in the spring of 2020. I’m hoping to get my coop built before winter arrives but we will see.
:frowHello from Florida!

FarmerConnieBYCpeckers.gif
welcome%21.gif

Welcome to BYC! :frow

Thank you for adding your location to your profile! It helps us answer questions better, because we have an idea of your weather without asking all the time. That being said, I would advise you to build a good size coop. You said your gonna start with about 15, so you might end up with 30 :gig....or more :lau chicken math is a real thing!:old
You might want to start a thread in the Coop & Run Design forum to get feedback on what your planning! If you get your coop done before you have chicks, you can brood them in there and keep all the dust and dander out of your house. Also plan space inside your coop to have a temporary brooder, for adding new chicks to your flock. It makes integrating them a lot easier IMO.

Back
Top Bottom