Hello from NH!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by NewBostonChick, Jul 26, 2010.

1. NewBostonChick

NewBostonChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    New Boston, NH
    Hello BYC! I am new to this forum and wanted to say hi.. I live in NH with my children.. 2 teens and my older son who has come back home due to the economic situation so many are experiencing.. I had a few chickens back in the 70's but basically consider my self fairly new.. I have 3 New Hampshires (had 4 and sadly one died within the first 2 days) and 4 Rhode Island Reds that came to us May 20th at 1 day old.. The 7 girls have moved outside to their new coop and large fenced in yard and love it! I am getting to know different chicken behaviors and just love watching these girls! I am very happy to have found this forum as I'm sure I will have many questions along the way! Enjoy your evening! Jane in NH!

2. ponygal12

ponygal12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Hello and welcome! [​IMG] [​IMG] Do you live in New Boston?

3. ponygal12

Nov 29, 2009
    New Hampshire
    By the way, our chicks came on May 20th too!

4. NewBostonChick

Jul 14, 2010
    New Boston, NH
    Yes, I live in New Boston.... picked up the chicks from ACE in Goffstown... do you live in NB too?

5. ponygal12

Nov 29, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Yes, I do live in NB. What a coincidence! My girls just moved into their coop yesterday.

6. NewBostonChick

Jul 14, 2010
    New Boston, NH
    Very cool! What kind of chickens do you have and how many? I have 7.. 4 Rhode Island Reds and 3 New Hampshires.. had 4 but one died at 2 days old.. so the 7 girls are lots of fun! I was a bit nervous as the last 2 days I have seen a red tailed hawk flying over.. so tomorrow my older son will put up the netting to cover the yard... my neighbor saw a fox snatch a wild turkey's 2 babies in broad daylight as they were sitting on their back deck... so many predators out there.... I am off Bedford Road to Christie Road.. what a small world to meet another New Boston person on this forum! :)

7. ponygal12

Nov 29, 2009
    New Hampshire
    I have 6 chickens. 2 Barred Rocks and 4 New Hampshire Reds. I'm sorry about your chick!

8. CMV

CMV Flock Mistress

Apr 15, 2009
    [​IMG] from a close neighbor. Enjoy your new hobby.

9. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    [​IMG] From Western Washington State.

10. Chickie'sMoma

Chickie'sMoma Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Rochester, NH
    cool! welcome to the forum from another in NH!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by