Hello from North Carolina

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by lisaa50, Jan 28, 2016.

1. lisaa50

lisaa50 New Egg

Jan 28, 2016
    I grew up with my grandparents keeping and raising chickens. Now that my grandparents are passed I have no-one around to ask the silly questions a person like me wants to ask. I hope I don't bore you guys and gals to death, and I've already started reading the suggested readings. Thanks in advance for any help.

2. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    [​IMG] so glad you have joined us.

Sounds like you have already explored the site and discovered the Learning Center for help in getting started.

Feel free to ask questions, we're here to help.

3. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. It sounds like you've already done it, but if you haven't done so already, definitely check out our Learning Center at https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center. There is lots of useful information there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

4. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! You certainly won't bore anyone here with your chicken questions :highfive: Thats what we are all here for! Do have chickens at the moment? What breed/s? Be sure to ask all the questions you need to, everyone here to help and very friendly.

Enjoy BYC :frow

5. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    A warm welcome to BYC! No such thing as a silly question, let me assure you although I'm pretty sure I've flirted on that very boundary with some of my questions in the past [​IMG] .We were not born with an innate knowledge of how to keep chickens - if we don't ask, we'll never know so please don't hesitate to ask away.

All the best
    CT

6. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Always feel free to ask questions, there's always something new to learn and members here are good about sharing. Also, the Search box (upper left, under the logo) can come in handy for finding information.

Thanks for joining us!

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Glad you joined us at Backyard chickens [​IMG]

8. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

Hello!
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to joined the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC.

9. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by