Hello from North Carolina

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by silkiesuz, Jan 30, 2012.

1. silkiesuz

silkiesuz Out Of The Brooder

Jul 31, 2011
    North Carolina
    I have been raising chickens for four years now. Ever since my daughter did a hatching project for her middle school science fair. She took first place, but I feel as if I was the winner. I have found a hobby that does every thing from giving me an avenue to direct all that mothering that my 15 year old does not want to making friends that I never knew existed. There are truly lots of crazy people out there that are just as obsessed with their animals as I am. I raise SQ silkies, cochins, rare color orpingtons, and golden cuckoo marans. I also have a goat, three toy aussies and I raise show quality holland and fuzzy lop rabbits. My husband thinks that I'm crazy, but I would hate to see me without all the mouths to feed. I have truly found my purpose in life. There is no greater feeling than after twenty one days, seeing little chicks submerge from their protective shell into my protection or the cuteness of baby bunnies. You can not see either of these things and not know that there is a God. I look forward to making new friends on BYC.

2. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us. I completely agree with you - I can't imagine life without my animals [​IMG]

3. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    Hi and :welcome from Ohio. So glad you joined. You have come to the right place. :lol:

4. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

[​IMG] and [​IMG] from S. Florida! So glad you joined us! Baby chicks are so precious, and so are bunnies too. Actually, all living creatures are!! [​IMG] Enjoy them all.

5. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

6. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG] [​IMG] from Washington State glad you joined us!

7. OldGuy43

OldGuy43 Chillin' With My Peeps

Howdy from Austin, Texas.

8. ThePigeonKid

ThePigeonKid Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2010
    Ohio - Chickens 3yrs
    [​IMG]

9. silkiesuz

silkiesuz Out Of The Brooder

Jul 31, 2011
    North Carolina
    [​IMG]Hi, it's nice to meet all ya'll (as we say it in the south.)

10. Orpingtons4U

Orpingtons4U Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 22, 2011
    Central Virginia
    [​IMG]from Virginia

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by