Hello from North Florida!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by GumCreekGuineas, Sep 30, 2013.

1. GumCreekGuineas

GumCreekGuineas Out Of The Brooder

Hello all on BYC! I am new to the world of poultry and have started with 33 guinea keets. I would eventually like to get a few chickens as well. I have been obtaining a lot of information from the forums here on BYC so I figured I should join and introduce myself.

I live in North Central Florida (Madison County) on a deer farm / hunting preserve with my husband, two dogs (will be three next week), two barncats, and now the guineas. Thank you to everyone on here for posting all of this super useful information, especially about guineas!

2. MunchiesChicks

MunchiesChicks Out Of The Brooder

Apr 1, 2013
    Russell Co Alabama
    :welcome

New here myself and I love BYC! I've learned so much from here compared to any other site.

3. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Welcome to BYC [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

4. write2caroline

write2caroline Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2009
    Jacksonville
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] Hello from Jax FL.

Glad to meet you and have you join us!

Caroline

5. GumCreekGuineas

Thank you all for your warm welcomes! :D

@munchies I agree! So much information is passed around here, anytime I do a search on one of the major search engines relating to poultry BYC forums are one of the first results.

Below is a pic of my babies on their first day here, I will be posting more (probably on the Guinea forum) of the individual keets as I will need help trying to identify some of the colors that I have.

[​IMG]

6. liz9910

liz9910 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2012
    Northern California
    Welcome to BYC! I love guineas, wish I could have some but I live in town and they are WAY to noisy lol.

7. GumCreekGuineas

@liz My husband had fallen in love with them seeing them in the wild on a couple of trips he has taken to Africa. It has only taken me a few days and I am in love as well. I know they won't stay this cute (or quiet!) for long but luckily we are on 2,200 acres so we don't have neighbors for over a mile in any direction so only we will have to listen to them. We have a surplus of ticks around because of all of our deer, so hopefully when they are big enough to free range they will be in guinea heaven!
    I originally wanted chickens but the more I researched the guineas, I decided they should be a good fit for us. I am still considering getting a few chickens for the eggs (and because I think they are beautiful). What kind of chickens do you have?

8. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Welcome to BYC! Glad you joined us! [​IMG]

9. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]Happy you joined! :)

10. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG] they are adorable I didn't know guinea chicks were so pretty

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by