Hello from North Florida!

GumCreekGuineas

In the Brooder
6 Years
Sep 26, 2013
Middle of Nowhere, Florida
Hello all on BYC! I am new to the world of poultry and have started with 33 guinea keets. I would eventually like to get a few chickens as well. I have been obtaining a lot of information from the forums here on BYC so I figured I should join and introduce myself.

I live in North Central Florida (Madison County) on a deer farm / hunting preserve with my husband, two dogs (will be three next week), two barncats, and now the guineas. Thank you to everyone on here for posting all of this super useful information, especially about guineas!

Welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Glad you joined us!

Thank you all for your warm welcomes! :D

@munchies I agree! So much information is passed around here, anytime I do a search on one of the major search engines relating to poultry BYC forums are one of the first results.

Below is a pic of my babies on their first day here, I will be posting more (probably on the Guinea forum) of the individual keets as I will need help trying to identify some of the colors that I have.

@liz My husband had fallen in love with them seeing them in the wild on a couple of trips he has taken to Africa. It has only taken me a few days and I am in love as well. I know they won't stay this cute (or quiet!) for long but luckily we are on 2,200 acres so we don't have neighbors for over a mile in any direction so only we will have to listen to them. We have a surplus of ticks around because of all of our deer, so hopefully when they are big enough to free range they will be in guinea heaven!
I originally wanted chickens but the more I researched the guineas, I decided they should be a good fit for us. I am still considering getting a few chickens for the eggs (and because I think they are beautiful). What kind of chickens do you have?

Back
Top Bottom