Hello From North Georgia!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by SweetPeaMandy, Jul 21, 2010.

1. SweetPeaMandy

SweetPeaMandy Out Of The Brooder

Jul 20, 2010
    Lula
    Hello! I am new to keeping chickens but I am enjoying every minute of it! I currently have two hens and one rooster. The main reason my husband and I decided to keep chickens was to help eat some bugs we have in our backyard, but I am looking forward to eating fresh eggs too! We have a large backyard that we have a privacy fence around and basically let the chickens free range inside the fence. We have a two level deck and the taller of the two has been turned into a chicken coop underneath. It has been a slight challenge with my dogs, as they want to play with the chickens, but they at least are trained well enough that when I holler at them, they stop dead in their tracks and look pitiful at me. The pugs really don't care about them, but my bulldogs I have to keep an eye on. My husband often messes with me by saying that I am working my way to having a petting zoo and should start charging an admission fee! Anyway, I have been trolling the site and reading everything I can so that I will be well informed, but I am sure I will have tons of questions! Thanks ahead of time for all the help and information! [​IMG]

Here is a picture from last Christmas with *some* of my family!

[​IMG]

2. Ms.FuzzyButts

Ms.FuzzyButts Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2009
    North Alabama
    [​IMG] Lovely family you have!! But are they adopted? I don't see the resemblance..... [​IMG]

3. SweetPeaMandy

SweetPeaMandy Out Of The Brooder

Jul 20, 2010
    Lula
    Ha! I guess you could say that [​IMG] Since we currently have no children of our own right now, they really are our babies. [​IMG]

4. sodbuster

sodbuster Out Of The Brooder

Jul 20, 2010
    hi and [​IMG]

5. cterbizan

cterbizan Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2010
    Oklahoma
    [​IMG] from S. GA !!!!

6. SunnyDawn

SunnyDawn Sun Lovin' Lizard

Sep 12, 2009