Hello from North Idaho! Sunset Lake Ranch

Kelebek

Songster
10 Years
Nov 23, 2009
Orange Grove, TX
Well, I have lurked a little bit - but I am now 'really' getting into my birds - so I find myself having more questions and falling in love with birds (chickens and ducks)

Background -

I raise Registered Show and Milk Nigerian dwarf goats, Registered show and meat Myotonics (fainters) and then have a couple registered Nubians and a registered Mini nubian (home breed). I also have a hand full - oh maybe a couple - of laying hens / pullets and a TON of cockrels - long story - will fill you in on that in another thread. I also have muscovey ducks for eggs and meat (haven't butchered them yet)

Today, I caught my first cockrel, killed, skinned, cleaned, and basted with a rub for dinner. I am so stinking proud of myself because no one thought that I had it in my to do my own butcher :) Little did they know!!

Anyway - thank you for letting me join and
frow.gif

My girls are safe unless they quit laying.... LOL!

Someone was supposed to trade me 20 cornish x for my baby nigi/fainter doeling - they showed up with mixed FRYER cockrels -----aghhhHHH!

Hello!

We just went to the fair last night and saw soooo many goats! They are just adorable. Getting chickens has turned on some kind of farmer switch in me... LOL
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom