Hello from Norther California

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Kadjain, Oct 28, 2011.

1. Kadjain

Kadjain Chillin' With My Peeps

Hello chicken lovers,

My name is Kadjain and I just started raising chickes about 6 months ago. I started with a Thai rooster and hen and now I have about 20 chickens of all different breeds. After getting to know chickens better I 've learned there is so much more to them than what everyone thinks a chicken is. I love watching them and imagining them as little dinosaurs.

Nice to meet you,
    Kadjain

2. OregonChickenGal

OregonChickenGal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2010
    Central Oregon
    Welcome from Oregon! [​IMG]

3. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

4. CrestedGirl

CrestedGirl Polish Obsessed

Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Worth, Tx
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] From North Texas [​IMG] So glad you joined us [​IMG]

5. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG] [​IMG] from WA. glad you joined us [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

7. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

[​IMG] from Somerset, California - in the Sierra Foothills!

I cannot imagine what shape my chickens would be in had I not found BYC!! It's the best place to come to learn how to do things correctly, and the best place to come to fix the things you didn't do right because you didn't check BYC first. Plus the members are wonderful folks and I now have great and glorious friends I have never met (and some I have) to commiserate with me, cheer with me, and laugh with me about poultry matters.

I never in a million years would have thought chickens have the kinds of personalities I have observed (and appreciated) in my flock. Chickens? Seriously? Yaaaaah. They do. You can see them THINK sometimes! Plus they each have their own little idiosyncracies: My Molly mumbles, gossiping to me about flock matters. George is very full of himself unless the real Flock Master (Carl) is close by. Stella just wants to be snuggly. Hitchcock wants to know what is going on, everywhere in the yard. (Plus he thinks the next door neighbor's hens are VERY interesting.) Paprika sneaks in the house to try to lay her egg on the base of the carpeted cat tree.

And so on, and so forth. Don't eat anything outside unless you want to share it - with the velociraptors! [​IMG]

8. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
  9. Kadjain

Kadjain Chillin' With My Peeps

Wow, thanks everyone! Once I figure out how to post pics I will show off my flock.

10. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    Welcome! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by