Hello from Northern California!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by thunderpumpkin, Jan 26, 2017.

1. thunderpumpkin

thunderpumpkin New Egg

Jan 26, 2017
    Northern California
    Hi all! I'm excited to join the BYC community! Here's some info about me and my chicks:

Just started my second round of personal chickens.
    First round is down to 3 3-year-old Rhode Island Reds.
    Second round is currently 25 4-day-old baby chicks, Buff Orpington, Barred Plymouth Rock, and Silver Laced Wyandotte. Need to modify the coop to handle more, and probably give a few away to friends.
    I also worked on a farm for a few months: we had about 150 hens, a few roosters, and then 300 baby chicks. I doubt I'll get that chicken crazy on my own, but we will see...

Looking forward to talking chickens with you!

2. EggSighted4Life

EggSighted4Life Overrun With Chickens

Hey, welcome again to BYC!! [​IMG]

What part of Nor Cal? I'm way up here, in Crescent City!

And I can hear the chicken math running through your brain!!! [​IMG] What have you started and how bad will it get? I had only 3 hens once..; before I became the crazy chicken lady.... [​IMG][​IMG] Maxed at 48 last year. Have 40 right now and 18 in the incubator for the first test incubation of the season (and ever)... All are viable at day 7!

Have fun... and try not to add BYC to one of your addictions! [​IMG]

So many enablers here... I'm afraid for your safety and ability to add and multiply! [​IMG]

If I could find the actual definition of chicken math I saw somebody post the other day... you would know what you're in for.

3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Howdy from Kansas, thunder pumpkin, and [​IMG]! Great to have you aboard!! Happy you joined BYC!!

4. thunderpumpkin

thunderpumpkin New Egg

Jan 26, 2017
    Northern California
    I've lived all over NorCal. Currently and primarily on the North Coast, though not nearly as far north as you!

I can see how this could get addicting. Luckily my internet is slow enough that I get frustrated after a short time and am forced back outside...

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

6. LauraBrown

LauraBrown Chillin' With My Peeps

:welcome Glad you joined us!

7. N F C

N F C gobble gobble Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

It's nice to have you here!

8. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under thunderpumpkin [​IMG] Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

9. tranquillen

tranquillen Just Hatched

Jan 18, 2017
    Poplar bluff mo

10. tranquillen

tranquillen Just Hatched

Jan 18, 2017
    Poplar bluff mo
    Welcome to NYC. I'm new here myself and am still learning about my birds and this groups site. I haven't been on much, life decided to bite me in the sit upon and has given me more than enough to deal with, lol. But welcome all the same

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by