1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hello from Northern California

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Quantry, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Quantry

Quantry New Egg

Mar 18, 2013
    Sutter County, California
    Hi,
    I'm new to BYC. I remember my parents having chickens when I was a child, but I never raised any chickens on my own before.
    I have 2 Easter Eggers, 3 Rhode Island Reds, 3 Barred Rock, 1 Rhode Island Red Rooster, ( I think) 1 Polish Rooster (dropped off in my driveway) And 1 unknown brown hen that was also dropped off in my driveway. I kinda got talked into having chickens by my nephew and sister-in-law. I will never regret getting them, they are so much fun, and yes, they have personality.
    I will post picture of them when I get better pictures to share.
    I also have a Queensland Heeler.

2. miquwid

miquwid Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 14, 2013
    Western NY
    My Coop
    Awesome awesome Welcome it is great to have you here. I love animals in general, chickens are a wonderful addition to any home even if you can only have one or as many as your heart desires. Your heeler is aweomes I'm very into dog training of all kinds, you should train your dog to round them up. I have 6 Amber Links for egg production, 1 Barred Rock and 2 Partrigde Silkie hens. 3 Cats, 2 Dogs, and 1 Hampster. I want to get another Hampster, and 1 Americuana hen, and 1 Maran hen. Right now my dogs are working on focus heal like in ring sports and my pit/hound is learning to watch the chickens right now, he's far more skilled at focus work than the other dog so we are strarting with him first.

Well good luck with everything and I can't wait to see pictures.

3. 644171

644171 Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] WELCOME! I too am new and am glad you have joined. This site so far has been nothing but wonderful. You can gain so much from coming and you always have support. Got a question and you will surely get the answer.
    So many tips and willing advice givers you will never be let down... I find that i am quickly getting attached and I have not yet even got my little buggers.. Your flock sounds wonderful, hope the roosters are not causing you too much trouble.
    Dogs, love my little dachshund mix and have the highest hopes him and the chickens will get along.

4. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Hello and welcome to BYC [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

5. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Quantry, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined us! Happy you have bitten by the chicken bug! Good luck and have fun!!

6. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan [​IMG]

7. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

8. Bluebee

Bluebee Overrun With Chickens

Jul 30, 2012
    Cali
    Welcome to BYC! Glad to have you here!

9. Quantry

Quantry New Egg

Mar 18, 2013
    Sutter County, California
    Hi, my heeler helps with the chickens. He is a wonderful dog, he will be 14 in July.

10. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Welcome to BYC!! [​IMG] Glad you joined us!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by