Hello from Northern Colorado!

thunderwagn

Songster
10 Years
Sep 6, 2009
Colorado
1st post here. What a great site! I have been lurkin around for a few months, then registered and lurked some more lol. Just too much information to grasp all at once...which is a good thing. We currently have a "few" chickens. 17 standards-RIR, B.Rock, Welsummer, Dominique, B. Orpington, Americauna. All pullets and 1 cockerel. We have a silky trio and 14 silky offspring that are about 9wks. My daughter got a great deal on them from the breeder. It was just supposed to be a trio, but he really wanted to get someone else to raise the chicks which were only a couple days old. What 11yr old girl could pass that up lol! Then we have 4 SC White Leghorn Bantams. My daughter won reserve champ at her 4-h show with one of those. And my newest edition, Black Old English Game Bantam trio. I got them from a breeder in TN. Very nice I think. All that being said and all my flock...I am a total newbie and got lots of Q's lol!

welcome-byc.gif
from Washington

Congrats on the chickens and joining us

Imp

Quote:
Not snowed in, but bitter cold here in the Loveland area! I don't think we saw 25 yesterday and the low was about 12 early am! Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I am 42 and get most of my poultry knowledge from a 13 yr. old fellow 4-h'r who is sharp as tack, and was taken under the wing of some old timers. He is for sure a nice resource and thankful to have him as a family friend!

Welcome from Calhan, Colorado. Sounds like the poulty bug has bitten you guys.

I wondering what happened to the nicer today with temps in the 50s. Everything is frozen solid. With our Colorado weather we could be back in the 70s tomorrow.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom