Hello from Northern Colorado!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by thunderwagn, Oct 11, 2009.

1. thunderwagn

thunderwagn Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2009
    Colorado
    1st post here. What a great site! I have been lurkin around for a few months, then registered and lurked some more lol. Just too much information to grasp all at once...which is a good thing. We currently have a "few" chickens. 17 standards-RIR, B.Rock, Welsummer, Dominique, B. Orpington, Americauna. All pullets and 1 cockerel. We have a silky trio and 14 silky offspring that are about 9wks. My daughter got a great deal on them from the breeder. It was just supposed to be a trio, but he really wanted to get someone else to raise the chicks which were only a couple days old. What 11yr old girl could pass that up lol! Then we have 4 SC White Leghorn Bantams. My daughter won reserve champ at her 4-h show with one of those. And my newest edition, Black Old English Game Bantam trio. I got them from a breeder in TN. Very nice I think. All that being said and all my flock...I am a total newbie and got lots of Q's lol!

2. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

[​IMG] from Washington

Congrats on the chickens and joining us

Imp

3. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

[​IMG] and [​IMG] from S. Florida! Glad you joined us!

4. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

Well...your intro. may be new, but you sound like you're old hat when it comes to chickens. Welcome to you from Indiana!! [​IMG]

5. coloradochick

coloradochick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    Hey thunderwgn [​IMG] from Arvada! Did you guys get snowed in yesterday? I heard up north they got quite a bit more than we did down here.

Cara

6. Festa X11

Festa X11 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 11, 2009
    Lincolnshire Wolds UK
    Hello from a fellow newbie

7. thunderwagn

thunderwagn Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2009
    Colorado
    Quote:Not snowed in, but bitter cold here in the Loveland area! I don't think we saw 25 yesterday and the low was about 12 early am! Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I am 42 and get most of my poultry knowledge from a 13 yr. old fellow 4-h'r who is sharp as tack, and was taken under the wing of some old timers. He is for sure a nice resource and thankful to have him as a family friend!

8. silkypie

silkypie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    Plant City, FL
    [​IMG] from FL!

This is a wonderful place to ask tons of questions!

9. mullers3acers

mullers3acers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2007
    la porte, In
    [​IMG]

10. corancher

corancher Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2007
    Colorado
    Welcome from Calhan, Colorado. Sounds like the poulty bug has bitten you guys.

I wondering what happened to the nicer today with temps in the 50s. Everything is frozen solid. With our Colorado weather we could be back in the 70s tomorrow. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by